Excursion Prices - what am I missing???

April2412

Unless prices have changed since 2014 the Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan and the Mt. Robert's tramway were the same ship or on your own. The difference is we decided based on the weather to do the tramway and we walked by ourselves to the Lumberjack show. Someone did say they that during peak season couldn't get into the lumberjack show independently because it was sold out so in that respect they could have booked through the cruiseline and gotten in.

• 3 weeks later...

I was recommended to look at a company called 'Cruising Excursions' (may be just UK?) They seemed to have a lot less choice & despite their comments on the front page of the website (Great value shore excursions, prices lower than the cruise lines" their prices for comparable cruises were notably higher than those for our cruise line (Holland America)

Unless prices have changed since 2014 the Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan and the Mt. Robert's tramway were the same ship or on your own. The difference is we decided based on the weather to do the tramway and we walked by ourselves to the Lumberjack show. Someone did say they that during peak season couldn't get into the lumberjack show independently because it was sold out so in that respect they could have booked through the cruiseline and gotten in.

When I sailed, it was slightly cheaper to book Lumberjack show through the ship as as walk up, they charged the same price plus tax. Though I read somewhere that people have gotten AAA discount and I didn't even think of that.