Koningsdam poolside entertainment?

joseph123

Is there any live music or entertainment featured poolside on the Koningsdam during Caribbean cruises? I see from other posts that they do not use the big screen with loud music or videos during the day which I think would be a good thing for me, but it would be nice to hear a good steel drum band or other form of live entertainment poolside on occasion.

The bane of hung-over passengers everywhere, the infamous steel bands are a staple on HAL Caribbean cruises. This tradition must have been started by some Caribbean Temperance movement! They do pipe more modern music around the aft pools, but they don't keep it very loud. In this day and age, many passengers have music on their phones and ear buds plugged in so poolside music isn't as much in demand as in days gone by.

There seems to be much more lounge and table seating in the main pool area vs sun beds for a ship of this size. It will be interesting to see how that space is utilized on busy sea days in the Caribbean. Are either of the pool areas designated for adults only? I am hoping the pools will not be overly crowded and overrun with children since it seems like HAL caters to a more mature clientele. If there will be some form of live entertainment at times it would be nice..

On my March 2017 Southern Caribbean Cruise the steel drum player, Reajhaun, played under the Lido Dome from 11:30 – 2:00 on sea days, on some port day he played there in the evening. If you are fortunate enough to have the Island Magic Steel Drum band on your trip you are in for a real treat. I never knew you could do what they do on the steel drum. They played on the Zuiderdam last December. On that cruise there was also a single steel drum player by the Lido or Aft pool on most days of the December trip.

The number of children varies with the time of year. When school is in session there are few children, even when school is out the number of children is usually much lower than most other mid-market lines.

Edited by 49erteacher
text spacing