Zenith "susi" question for a first-timer...

icruz

I understand that susi is offered at some point on this ship...my DW is really into this stuff and would like to know when and where susi is available...also, is there an additional charge for the susi...thanks

I understand that susi is offered at some point on this ship...my DW is really into this stuff and would like to know when and where susi is available...also, is there an additional charge for the susi...thanks
Aft end of the buffet area each evening around 6:00pm~10:00pm. No extra charge.

Not sure about Zenith, but on the other ships, the AquaSpa has sushi and there's no extra charge. It was very delicious and nicely presented on our Summit cruises. We also ordered sushi from room service with no problem.

Not sure about Zenith, but on the other ships, the AquaSpa has sushi and there's no extra charge. It was very delicious and nicely presented on our Summit cruises. We also ordered sushi from room service with no problem.
Am curious -- did they still have the nightly fish feed at the aft end of the buffet in Summit as well, or have they moved it all to the spa???

I never saw susi on Mercury. A Susanna in the spa, the pantry girl was called Rowena and our Chief Housekeeper was Mariana (really great, all of them), but no Susi.

I'm sorry for being facetious. The voices in my head made me do it:o

Phil

If you knew Susi like I know Susi, oh, oh, oh what a doll. Sorry, Phil. That's an old, old song. It may not have been very big in your country, but here, the voices made me respond musically.

I never saw susi on Mercury. A Susanna in the spa, the pantry girl was called Rowena and our Chief Housekeeper was Mariana (really great, all of them), but no Susi.

I'm sorry for being facetious. The voices in my head made me do it:o

Phil

susi is now on the voyager of the sea:D

A lot of Susi sightings....something smells fishy here.

Rule of thumb (sushi division) - if it smells fishy, it's likely not fresh - move on to the more fragrant varieties.

Or perhaps try one of the non-fish varieties of sushi. Sush just means "on rice with vinegar" in Japanese, there's nothing that requires it be fish.

Aft end of the buffet area each evening around 6:00pm~10:00pm. No extra charge.

This is correct - 6pm each night. They "dress up" one side of the usual breakfast/lunch buffet with Japanese decor and serve a nice selection of sushi. We had late seating for dinner, so we'd always hit the sushi before taking our showers and getting ready. It's casual & quick (since it's a buffet). I'm taking the Zenith this Saturday and I'm already looking forward to it!

Beautifully prepared (very fresh and chilled) sushi was available most nights from 6:00pm to 10:00pm on one side of the Café on both Zenith and Horizon which they decorated with a Japanese restaurant theme. It is a winner. It’s also a great place to try out sushi if you have never experienced it before. I would suggest starting out with a California Roll (rice with crab, avocado, and cucumber), then working your way up to the sashimi selections (Salmon, Ahi, Tilapia, among others). Skip the eel unless you are adventurous. For a real kick, spread a little of the green horseradish pate (wasabi) on your sushi. Use too much and it’ll clear out your sinuses —– and give your eating partners a really good laugh.

Archived