Private Island

champagne123

Good morning everyone. It has been a while since I have been on the MSC threads. Trying to find info on the Private Island that MSC was building for the Seaside/Divina. Is there any update? Is a date set yet for it to be ready? Can't seem to find any info. :cool:

Last I heard was that MSC broke ground on the island back in January 2017 and that it is scheduled to open for business in November 2018. Our next cruise will be aboard the Seaside in summer 2019 and I can't wait to step foot on Ocean Cay. As of right now, Disney's Castaway Cay is the best port of call in the Caribbean; but I think Ocean Cay will top that.

https://www.porthole.com/msc-cruises-breaks-ground-on-ocean-cay-msc-marine-reserve/

The first sailing to the island on Seaside is the Nov 3rd 2018 sailing, which I booked. :)

Oh wow. I did not realize it was that sailing!:o We are also booked for that cruise, and I chose that date specifically because I saw the island in the itinerary. Now I'm concerned because anything could delay it. :(

Oh wow. I did not realize it was that sailing!:o We are also booked for that cruise, and I chose that date specifically because I saw the island in the itinerary. Now I'm concerned because anything could delay it. :(

Yes pray for no hurricanes.

FWIW (probably not much), the MSC rep I spoke with when I called to get the 5% discount added to our 12/22/18 reservation said he thought it was 90% likely that the island would be ready for guests by our sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Of course the reps will know never having been there!

Having already visited every Island that the Seaside/Divina visit....I am not booking this cruise for the itinerary. I originally booked it for the ship (Seaside) and the new private island (which looks amazing). I do not want to play Russian Roulette as to whether it will be ready or not. I think I will wait for the 2019 dates to come out and PRAY it will be ready by then. :cool:

Having already visited every Island that the Seaside/Divina visit....I am not booking this cruise for the itinerary. I originally booked it for the ship (Seaside) and the new private island (which looks amazing). I do not want to play Russian Roulette as to whether it will be ready or not. I think I will wait for the 2019 dates to come out and PRAY it will be ready by then. :cool:

At least some of the 2019 does are already out. We are booked for January 2019.

At least some of the 2019 does are already out. We are booked for January 2019.

Thank you....I did see that. I am a little picky though with the time of year to cruise. We prefer September/October. Flying from NJ in the winter can be nerve wracking...Also, Spring Break, which varies from State to State in February/March, means kids kids kids. We also found the water to be much warmer in the fall. :cool: Going to look elsewhere for our 2018 cruise and change our Seaside cruise for late 2019 :cool:

Hi. Does anyone have any pictures of the new island they are building. We are booked for Seaside Yacht Club for February 2019. Will there be cabanas and/or a Yacht Club area? Will the beverage package work on the island?

Thank you all!

Hi. Does anyone have any pictures of the new island they are building. We are booked for Seaside Yacht Club for February 2019. Will there be cabanas and/or a Yacht Club area? Will the beverage package work on the island?

Thank you all!

Yes, Yacht Club amenities extend onto Ocean Cay! From the sounds of it, it is going to be spectacular! Here's an article from 2015 that talks about Ocean Cay; but you can google it and find tons more. Ocean Cay will be twice the size of Castaway Cay (which is my favorite island paradise on Earth), but it's yet to be seen if they will be able to match the Disney magic.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-msc-cruises-ocean-cay-island-20151217-story.html

• 2 months later...
Last I heard was that MSC broke ground on the island back in January 2017 and that it is scheduled to open for business in November 2018. Our next cruise will be aboard the Seaside in summer 2019 and I can't wait to step foot on Ocean Cay. As of right now, Disney's Castaway Cay is the best port of call in the Caribbean; but I think Ocean Cay will top that.

https://www.porthole.com/msc-cruises-breaks-ground-on-ocean-cay-msc-marine-reserve/

So glad to hear this! Disney's Castaway Cay is beautiful! I'm excited to booked with a port to Ocean Cay. I'm a Bahamas lover :hearteyes: we sail Sept 9th, hopefully they have good promotion to book future cruises.

Wow, didn't realize they had to create the island... I figured it was there and they had to just build on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was under the impression that it was already there but they are making it more substantial by adding more sand and land area. I could be completely wrong though!