Specialty Dining on Escape Question

crooz4fun

I'm planning a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Escape. My wife and I are kind of "foodies" and want to try NCL for the "freestyle dining" experience. This will be our first experience with the concept, although we have sailed many times before on other lines.

I'm considering an SDP and am trying to decide how many nights to buy. Between the dinner shows and specialty restaurants, there are more choices than there are nights on the cruise.

I'd appreciate some opinions as to what size package to buy.

Thanks for any input.

The most you can buy is a 7 meal package that can be used to dine at specialty restaurants.

If you like to try a lot of different food, then Food Republic is my first choice. Unfortunately, it does not accept the SDP for payment. You pay a la carte. Open for lunch and dinner.

On the Escape, we have used our SDP (with a small upcharge) to have lunch at Pinchos Tapas Bar (kept ordering small plates until we had to roll off our stools). And you could use it at Margaritaville for lunch too.

If offered, the Supper Club cabaret serves a wonderful 5 course tasting menu with around a dozen different items. And some great music to dine by.

Other dinners at the Supper Club are 3 course complimentary meals served with guest performers. Those sell out really quickly, but do not take a SDP credit.

You have to do the math, sometimes the cost of the dining page (per meal) plus the upcharge is more expensive than just booking a show like Wine Lovers or Supper Club Cabaret and paying cash.

The most you can buy is a 7 meal package that can be used to dine at specialty restaurants.

If you like to try a lot of different food, then Food Republic is my first choice. Unfortunately, it does not accept the SDP for payment. You pay a la carte. Open for lunch and dinner.

On the Escape, we have used our SDP (with a small upcharge) to have lunch at Pinchos Tapas Bar (kept ordering small plates until we had to roll off our stools). And you could use it at Margaritaville for lunch too.

If offered, the Supper Club cabaret serves a wonderful 5 course tasting menu with around a dozen different items. And some great music to dine by.

Other dinners at the Supper Club are 3 course complimentary meals served with guest performers. Those sell out really quickly, but do not take a SDP credit.

You have to do the math, sometimes the cost of the dining page (per meal) plus the upcharge is more expensive than just booking a show like Wine Lovers or Supper Club Cabaret and paying cash.

what exactly is the wine lovers or supper club Cabaret, is that only certain nites? if you have the dining option, how much does it cost extra, just vs outright paying for it ?

what exactly is the wine lovers or supper club Cabaret, is that only certain nites? if you have the dining option, how much does it cost extra, just vs outright paying for it ?

Wine Lovers The Musical (Lunch on Sea Days)

Do You Love Wine? Do YouLove Comedy? Then we have the show for you! Hailed as “A great evening out” bythe New York Post, Wine Lovers – the world’s first The Wine Tasting Musical –brings laughs and libation aboard. Join us for Wine Lovers in the Supper Club,where you taste six sensational wines and enjoy a lovely lunch, all whilewatching a hilarious musical comedy about the joys of wine and love.

Price Per Person: $25 USD

Supper Club Cabaret

A show done by the Aftermidnight lead. includes a 5 course tasting menu.

9ae9922966631632435c181a82012837.jpg

My husband and I are also foodies and were on the Escape in Feb. We did a specialty restaurant every night and repeated Cagney twice. We didn't do the supper club or dinner show but would recommend all of the specialty restaurants except Moderno. Therefore, buy the UDP for as many nights as makes sense - it was totally worth it!