Royal Caribbean / Celebrity to Upgrade Terminal 25 at Port Everglades

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I came across an article this morning, from Seatrade Cruise news, and thought it would be of interest.

I'm thrilled to learn that Royal Caribbean is making a $100+ Million dollar investment in Cruise Terminal 25 at Port Everglades, FL, for preferential use by Celebrity & Royal.

Recently, I've been wondering what Celebrity's long-term plans were for Port Everglades, especially with the recent announcement of a mega terminal being constructed at Port of Miami. I firmly believe this will keep Royal & Celebrity at Port Everglades for years to come.

Kudos to Richard Fain & Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, along with Celebrity's & Royal Caribbean's Management teams... and of course, Port Everglades, on this very welcome news !

Here's a link to the article : http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/port-everglades-plans-100m-terminal-upgrade-for-royal-caribbean.html

Hope this is helpful !

I wanted to clarify that Royal is not laying out the $100 million. Port Everglades is paying it. The upgrades are part of a new agreement that replaces the current agreement between the port and Royal that expires at the end of this year. The new agreement runs through 2026 with a couple of options to extend. Here is the actual press release from the port.

http://www.porteverglades.net/articles/post/port-to-invest-100m-plus-to-renovate-cruise-terminal-25-as-part-of-new-royal-caribbean-agreement/

Thanks Andy.....you always think of your Celeb cruise friends...

Glad to see improvements coming to that AWFUL Terminal and that it will done for EDGE...

Wondering about construction issues and our Silhouette cruise in 2018...leaves on a Friday and returns on a Sunday.,,.

Edited by hcat

I hope there is a corresponding upgrade to the number of Customs officials working. The trek to the terminal can be a pain, especially when they have staff preventing you from using an escalator with any type of luggage. The huge line for customs frequently makes all of this seem like a minor issue.