Embarkation lunch

Regarding the menu for the Embarkation lunch, any idea what's offered now? Last year I think I had a fish selection and DH had a steak sandwich. Just curious if it's changed. Thanks, m--

Here is the menu from our embarkation lunch in the main dining room on Eurodam in late May 2017:

https://twocruisingsisters.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/img_0025.jpg

Here is the menu from our embarkation lunch in the main dining room on Eurodam in late May 2017:

https://twocruisingsisters.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/img_0025.jpg

Many thanks for this link "mom". That's very different than I recall. I think I had a talapia entree last year. Nice to see it changed up a bit. Now the veal parmigiana looks good, and I don't recall that being offered last year, but memory is tricky. The menu on a website for facts about HAL shows a 2014 version, very different again. Your menu has a lot to choose from. I'd think they'd want to invite as many to this lunch as possible to give a good first impression, JMHO. I hope we can start with this on embarkation day in October, or at least I will, DH might want to go find pizza.... love having so many choices when cruising :) m--

Just off the Oosterdam June 25th. My DH really detests buffets so based on CC boards we thought we would try for the MDR. My DH asked the dining dining staff staffing the tables at the pier while we were waiting to board and started an Indoasian war. One said it was open, the other insisted lunch was only in the Lido. We dropped our carry-ons in the room and proceeded to the MDR. By noon we were seated with a total of only 6 other parties. Service was prompt, food was delicious and hot and we were off touring the ship while others were in the buffet line.

What is the big deal with the embarkation lunch. It is only lunch. How special can it be? The last thing that we want on embarkation is to get stuck in the MDR.

We enjoy the calmness of the embarkation lunch (well, except for the last one we went to, but that was our table mates :eek: ). For us it is a nice way to ease into relaxation mode, to decompress as we start our vacation.

Dam, my sandwich is gone ;(.

DH would be happy though. ;)

We'll see what next year holds.

We don't cruise very much compared to some of the posters here. But my experience is I've never seen the same menu for Embarkation Lunch from one cruise to the next. And our Noordam menu offered only part of what Old as Dirt Mom's menu showed, and we were on Noordam in May 2017.

We don't cruise very much compared to some of the posters here. But my experience is I've never seen the same menu for Embarkation Lunch from one cruise to the next. And our Noordam menu offered only part of what Old as Dirt Mom's menu showed, and we were on Noordam in May 2017.

we don't cruise as often either - just longer.

but the Reuben has been there pretty much every time.

Who knows what the P'dam holds in 2018? time will tell ;)

we don't cruise as often either - just longer.

but the Reuben has been there pretty much every time.

Who knows what the P'dam holds in 2018? time will tell ;)

I don't think I've seen a Reuben on the menu in literally YEARS. DH would order that and I think it has been at least three years since he's had a Reuben. One more inconsistency between ships, routes, etc, on HAL.

We arrive around noon and then transport to the ship. So I would assume after clearing customs and fetching luggage, maybe on board by 2-3? So we should make the Lido. The Dive In sounds great so that may be the ticket!!

Clearing Customs? Are you flying Internationally & required to clear customs? If flying Domestically you should be able to be on board way before 3.. By then you should be able to find a table in the Lido, but believe only one side will be open..Sometimes it's very difficult to get a table between 1100 & 1p.m. on embarkation day..

Enjoy your cruise..:cool:

Interesting. A recent blog/review of Oosterdam said it was almost empty - only a handful of people there. We've planned for a long time to go to MDR if we can board in time. I wonder if the staggered boarding for Oosterdam causes too many people to not board until after it closes. In theory, with earlier priority boarding for some, that would automatically give priority for MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums