Unexpected Benefit of Aqua Class

JanineM

We have discovered an unexpected benefit of Aqua Class. After sailing exclusively in Aqua Class for about 5 years, this cruise we are in a regular verandah cabin and the noise from adjacent cabins is horrible. There are families with kids on both sides & they have the tv blasting all the time, kids hollering, parents hollering, walls being banged. I don't think these are bad children, they're just being kids.

In Aqua Class there are only 2 passengers per cabin so there isn't the same noise from adjacent cabins. I guess we've become really spoiled!

Just a tip I'm passing along. For a quieter experience, the extra expense may be worthwhile.

Funny you mention that ... this was one of our main reasons for booked AQ from the very start. It is not that there are no children allowed, it is just not practical. :)

I agree ... they are just kids being kids .... not bad kids, just kids. If I want to see a lot of kids on a cruise, I will book on Carnival during spring or winter break. ;p

We always book AQ and except for one cruise we always had noisy neighbors next to us. Some of them smashing doors/drawers etc. at 6am, the others laughing and chatting at midnight.

The "one" cruise was amazing...

We are light sleepers and yes we do use earplugs. But as we have learned on one cruise, it can be different.

If it is worse on non-AQ... well good we didnt learn it the hard way :-)

Sidenote: it would be nice if non-light-sleepers would care as much as we do about noise...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Forums

I also wish people would be a little (a LOT) more considerate about noise. My pet peeve is people who allow their cabin doors to slam at all hours. We sailed in an OV on 3 with inside rooms across from us all down the hallway. OMG there were doors slamming on and off all day and half the night. People - PLEASE don't let your doors slam, especially in the early morning or late evening. I know the doors are heavy, but unless you are disabled in some way they are not so heavy that you can't ease them shut. And please if you have kids, educate them the same way. We all thank you!

I also wish people would be a little (a LOT) more considerate about noise. My pet peeve is people who allow their cabin doors to slam at all hours. We sailed in an OV on 3 with inside rooms across from us all down the hallway. OMG there were doors slamming on and off all day and half the night. People - PLEASE don't let your doors slam, especially in the early morning or late evening. I know the doors are heavy, but unless you are disabled in some way they are not so heavy that you can't ease them shut. And please if you have kids, educate them the same way. We all thank you!

Well said!! We are always amazed at how many people there are that have never learned how to politely close a door.