Grand Suite upgrade from Junior Suite - did I get a good deal or standard?

Hi Everyone!

So I had a junior suite booked for a sold out cruise in two weeks. The cruise is 3 nights long in total for me and my fiancée.

I received a call this morning from Carnival asking about an upgrade that they just had come available from a cancel. They offered the upgrade to a Grand Suite for a total of $250 flat, that includes both of us.

The rep said she was quite surprised by the amount and that this isn't very common that the pricing is that low for 2 of us. I took the offer.

Firstly, is that pretty standard for pricing or a good deal?

Also, are there any downsides to the GrandSuite over the Junior Suite or are they better in every way?

Thanks!

You didn't specify a ship, so I picked a few three day cruises at random. The upcharge was roughly $250-$350, EACH. So yes, I think $250 total is awesome! Congratulations on the upsell and enjoy your cruise! :)

Wow, thank you for that info! I can't wait :D

You got a great deal, but for me it would depend on the ship. If I had one of the JS on the Liberty, either 9205 or 9206 I would not give it up for a GS. Love the location on Lido deck.

If it's a fantasy class ship it totally worth it! The JS on the fantasy class look like they suck! The balconies are extremely small and have no privacy.

While I can't say they suck (they are unique on this class as opposed to all other classes and not in a good way) they sure pale in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums