Emerald D Deck Cabins Advice Please

HomelessBear

We are considering a Emerald Princess Club Class mini suite. The ones we'd like advice on are: D332, D424 & D502.

We usually book C deck balcony cabins away from the stairs / lifts and with cabins opposite. We did have a mini suite on Diamond some years ago, so we're aware of the differences in the balcony - being uncovered in the mini and the different amenities. We're elite so some of the club class perks we'd already get.

What we'd like to know is what is opposite these cabins. Are any of these opposite where the stewards bring their carts out? Are they opposite a door which the crew use? Is there any noise being opposite these?

We were opposite a crew doorway once when we were "novice cruisers" and it was very noisy, especially first thing in the morning, which is why we now like to choose our cabin carefully. We're not getting up early type folks, so this was quite disturbing being woken up with the rattle and thumps of the carts being brought out. I

I've done a search for info and / or reviews but not really found the answers I'm looking for. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you booking club class basically for the dining since you state you're elite tier? If you ate at a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise would it be equal to or less then a similar cabin for your cruise? On a cruise I booked a mini suite for it was $225 more for club class per person. 7 nights at $25 per night for a specialty restaurant is only $175 PP so it's better food and service to eat at a specialty every night.

We've got the offer of doing club class for basically the same cost of the premium C deck balcony, but where the mini cabin is situated will have an impact on which we choose.

The cc dining does appeal as we do anytime and often have to wait with a pager as we ask for a table for two.

Just trying to weigh up which we should choose as cabin location is important to us.

Hello, Homeless Bear: Not trying to be a smart aleck here, but have you tried calling Princess? Maybe they could tell you. I've called them on a few things in the past and found their info pretty reliable. Others have felt they weren't of much help. The jury's out.

But based on the Princess website deck plans, I think all show vacant cavaties across from those cabins. We all that's not the case, so ...

If all else fails, give them a call.

Jim

Hi Jim. Thanks for your suggestion. Princess is closed here in U.K. until Monday morning but I thought I'd see if anyone has any personal experience of these cabins first.

I've got to say that I've personally not found the staff here in UK that knowledgeable for some things, but reasonable for others. It maybe worth a try if all else fails.

Thanks for contributing anyway Jim. Appreciated you took the time to post.

Well we've done it! Just gone for D332 so hope this has been a good decision.

We decided we'd probably not get the chance to get a club class mini for around the same price as a balcony again, so we've jumped in.

Happy cruising. [emoji568]