Can my husband order my drink with my S&S card that has cheers?

rbird

BOTH my husband and I have Cheers. Can he just take his and my S&S cards and go to the bar to get our drinks or do each of us have to wait at the bar? Hope my question makes sense. Thank you in advance for your helpful reply.

Technically, per the letter of the law, no. Each person must take their cards to the bar and order their own drinks.

However, I have never had a problem taking my wife's card with me to get us both a drink. Of course, I usually hang out at the same bar (90% of the time you can find me at the Red Frog Pub or Red Frog Bar on Lido) and I tip each drink so the bartenders get to know me so that probably helps too.

But you may run into a situation where a certain bartender may be a stickler for the rules or a new bartender that hasn't quite got comfortable with "bending" the rules, so if that happens just be patient and roll with it.

By Carnival's written rules no, but it is rarely enforced. I've experienced on the first day or so the bartenders asking where my girlfriend is, and asking her to wave over. I guess it's to prevent people from finding a card on the floor and charging up drinks, makes sense. After the second round or so they don't bother you anymore if you are frequenting the same bartenders.