Upgraded - gratuities question

SandyBShores

We have been upgraded to a suite after full payment (including prepaid gratuity of $189 each) was made on a balcony cabin. I remember reading on these boards that suite grats were more. Are suite grats, in fact, typically more than a regular cabin? And if so, does my bid price cover that adjustment?

Also, if I had originally booked a suite would the grats they add for a regular cabin for UDP and UBP usually included?

DSC is much more for suite guests. Can't remember if it is 15.99 or 16.99 per passenger per day.

It has been raised 3-4 times (not sure) in the last 3 years.

It is not covered by your upsell amount.

Under current promo, the gratuities for UBP and UDP would not be covered by a Suite purchase.

The Daily Service Charge is currently $16.99. If you already pre-paid your DSC, you may squeak by without any additional payment.

Keep your eyes out for that nasty email that says your account is not fully paid and that they are going to cancel your reservations. If you don't get one, don't ask, don't tell. And you may get by with no additional charges.

Cabincop, are those tips set amounts auto charged to my account or you mean the cash tip I would add?

The butler and concierge are not included in the DSC so nothing is automatically deducted for them. You would have to do that on your own. You can give cash or you can go to guest services and assign a specific amount to whomever you'd like to tip.