Dining Perk

Jme4166

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times. But I can't find the answer. We picked the drink package and dining....how does the dining package work? We pay gratuities? How does it work with the al a carte restaurants? Thanks in advance for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times. But I can't find the answer. We picked the drink package and dining....how does the dining package work? We pay gratuities? How does it work with the al a carte restaurants? Thanks in advance for your help

When you put a deposit down on the cruise and picked dining for your perk you paid for the gratuities. Even for a la carte restaurants -- if you have a 3 dining package, you use one for each restaurant you pick. The exceptions are the restaurants where you have to pay something on top of the dining package like Bayamo on Escape and Ocean Blue on Getaway and the tapas places on the Escape of Food Republic and Pinchos (sp?) At Food Republic and Pinchos, you should pay for your meal (it wouldn't be worth it to use the dining package as the meals are cheaper).

Does that help?

18% of the retail price of the package will be added to your reservation.

90 days before your cruise (100 days for suites guest) logon and and make dinner reservations. Teppanyaki will sell out on day 90. Cagney's prime time will sell out quickly.

When you are onboard, go to the restaurant, tell them that you are using your SDP. And you can order anything you want from the menu. You are limited to one entree. Other than that, you can order multiple appetizers and desserts if you want. 100% of your dinner costs will be comp'ed.

Our favorite restaurant was Los Lobos followed by Cagneys.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone for your help!

When we booked we got the 4 nights of dining and it charged up $15.12 per person for dining service charge. When my sister in law booked the young lady on the phone said we still have to pay 18% gratuity per night when we do the 4 nights....so now I'm confused

When we booked we got the 4 nights of dining and it charged up $15.12 per person for dining service charge. When my sister in law booked the young lady on the phone said we still have to pay 18% gratuity per night when we do the 4 nights....so now I'm confused

When you booked, the $15.12 is the 18% added to the 4SDP (online price is $84 for the 4SDP). That's the only thing you HAVE to pay. If you choose to tip extra, that is your choice.

When you booked, the promotion service charge (the gratuity for drinks and dining) was added right to your total cruise bill, your total amount due 90 days out before cruise.

Just like bluewater said.... you'll go to the specialty resturants, choose what you like to eat and at the end when the bill comes it should be 0.00. You can choose to leave an extra tip if you like, totally optional. If you have questions how it works, just ask the waiter what you can choose and they'll point out all you need to know.