Sharing Specialty Dining Packages??

punkinlr

We are three couples sailing together and are looking at sharing the cost of (2) 6 night specialty dining packages.

Objective: 2 dinners for the 3 couples to dine together on 2 nights. (my DH says that explanation is clear as mud :'))

Is this something that's even possible? Can you use multiples from the same package for the same night in the same restaurant?

Or is that like trying to share the beverage package - (which is something we would never do!)

Thanks so much for any insight!

I was just wondering the same thing ... hopefully someone can answer this for us.

I really don't see why not. They don't check your cards when you show up for dinner ... just check off how many people are dining. So, if 2 couples each have a package and you make your reservation for four, I don't see why that wouldn't work. But ... I don't know for sure. I am just surmising.

So, I just noticed that you want all three couples to dine twice rather than how I originally read it. I really don't know the answer to this.

Hi Cruise Raider! I believe we're on the same sailing - EQ 11/06/17.

It's sort of a convoluted question. Took me forever to explain to DH! I had to break it down to a simple math equation. Now I'm "dating myself' because they don't teach simple math anymore ;p.

2 pk of 6 = 12. 3 couples = 12. 2 dinners x 6 people = 12. And then he said, why would I want to buy all those other people dinner????

It might be a moot point because the 20% off deal might be over before we know the answer!

Thinking this might not work. 3 couples show up for dinner but only 2 have the dinner package- doubt that one couple can use 2 of their 6 dinners on the same night in the same restaurant, but I could be wrong.

I had the same question because I was interested in buying the 8 dinner package and it between DW and I. Called both celebrity and captains club and both said you can't share it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same question because I was interested in buying the 8 dinner package and it between DW and I. Called both celebrity and captains club and both said you can't share it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! I didn't think one could, but it was worth a shot! You saved me 30 minutes on the phone :D waiting for a rep.

I believe there will be a problem sharing as there is a discount involved. Plus when your guests produce their SeaPass cars, it will not show they have the package. You may be better off booking the nights you want to dine once onboard and probably getting a 20% off deal for the group.

We are three couples sailing together and are looking at sharing the cost of (2) 6 night specialty dining packages.

Objective: 2 dinners for the 3 couples to dine together on 2 nights. (my DH says that explanation is clear as mud :'))

Is this something that's even possible? Can you use multiples from the same package for the same night in the same restaurant?

Or is that like trying to share the beverage package - (which is something we would never do!)

Thanks so much for any insight!

Not gonna happen, sorry.

It's sort of a convoluted question. Took me forever to explain to DH! I had to break it down to a simple math equation. Now I'm "dating myself' because they don't teach simple math anymore ;p.

2 pk of 6 = 12. 3 couples = 12. 2 dinners x 6 people = 12. And then he said, why would I want to buy all those other people dinner????

It might be a moot point because the 20% off deal might be over before we know the answer!

I am on that sailing ... so excited!! Once I re-read your post, I saw that it wasn't you ... it was me misinterpreting it. Anyway, too bad it wouldn't work out for you. If so, I would be turning one of mine back in and purchasing just one of the 6 and share it with my DH. It was a great idea!!

The 20% off ends tonight but it is refundable if canceled within the stated deadline. I thought, why not book it using my OBC since I can cancel it if there is something else we choose to do with our OBC and while I still had the chance of getting the discount. The deal is on through the end of today ... so you still have time but I do agree that 6 dinners is an awful lot during a 10 day sailing. I wish they had the 3 or 4 dinner package on sale, too. I stop being interested in food around day 8 or 9 ....

See you onboard in November!!

!

I am on that sailing ... so excited!!.

See you onboard in November!!

We are on the 11/6 sailing too!

Punkinir,

Have you chimed in on the Roll Call? There is around 150 on it already!

EW