Indian food

kimala

Go ahead and ask, even if it's out of line. They get out-of-line requests every day of every cruise; they know how to say "no" when necessary.

But even if they say "yes, we can bring you Indian food every night", I doubt it's because a great Indian chef is inspired by the challenge to create a personalized dish for one customer who, admittedly, only "eats to live". They will most likely send someone up to the buffet or down to the crew mess to fetch a scoop of something that is already being served there that evening, and put it on a nice MDR plate for him.

Yep, this.

Thank you all for your thoughts. He actually will eat some American dishes but he prefers his Indian food and always makes a big pot of spicy curry chicken for himself. He is not a very big eater definately someone who eats to live not lives to eat. I just thought it would be special and more memerable to him if the chef could prepare him an authentic spicy indian dish..not the americanized version in the buffet, which personally I love...but my family history is from Greece not India so what do I know. In retrospect you guys are right every night is probanly asking too much but maybe the chef would enjoy making one dish for him in the MDR one evening.

We actually asked for Indian food spur of the moment on our last night in the MDR on the Pearl and our wish was granted! My husband and son asked them to make it spicy and they did a great job! The head chef came to see how we liked the food and told us you can absolutely request an all Indian menu at the MDR for the week as long as you put in your request the first evening of the cruise. They can provide you with a menu or bring the specials! :)

In 2013, we were on the Star, and the head chef was Indian. We had some of the most delicious tikka masala that we have ever had on the ship. It was so good in the MDR, that we ordered more curry... which led us to order more rice.... which led us to order more curry... we couldn't get enough.

We love Indian food (PS- we are not Indian). NCL has in the past few years made Indian food readily available especially in the buffet. We have dined on set specialty meals (although those have seemed to have gone by the wayside). Asking for something is ok on any NCL ship. Matching request to answer is the key. While on a back ship tour, we met an executive chef who when we asked if we could get some Indian dishes said "of course", handed us his card and said just ask. It did not hurt that he was Indian and spoke passionately about some of the dishes prepared. The key is give NCL some warning of time, be flexible with options and let them find a way to meet your request.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Jewel from Alaska. There were several Indian dishes on the buffet for every meal, this made us very happy. A couple times the dining room had Indian choices as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always enjoyed the Indian dishes on the buffet.(look for it next to Asian station)..I was introduced to Indian food onboard..and now always make it a point to try what is offered..

As others have said the buffet choices for Indian food are good. Carnival may be a better choice for your friend- they have Indian dishes on the menu in the MDR every night and some of their ships have the Tandoor which is an Indian area open for lunch each day.

My husband is from India and he's never had trundle getting Indian food every night if he wanted it. Since Indian food varies throughout India he really enjoys the foid when chef is South Indian. They usually cook Indian food for crew every night so he often asks what they cooked for the crew. Just ask.

Cherie