Help with Priceline

Canadianhey!

I am looking into hotels for a cruise out of Miami. I need 2 nights stay. As I have never been to Miami I am wondering if I put in for the area of downtown and/or the financial district, the hotel I get will be close to the cruise port. Or should I just stay within the downtown area. I want to use the express deal. I don't want the money that I save on a hotel to go to a hefty taxi fare to the cruise ship. Could anyone that uses priceline help me out. Coming from Canada with the exchange hotel prices seem fairly high so hoping to save a bit of money using priceline. Any help appreciated.

Port of Miami would be closest to the port. Downtown Miami Brickell is pretty close, too. That is the area we've chosen for our October cruise. I don't think the taxi or Uber fare will be that much different from Brickell area vs. the port area.

What you should do is use Uberfarefinder.com to do mock fares for the two different regions to see the price difference. I believe some have mentioned around $$15-20 to get to the port from Brickell area by taxi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hubby and I stayed at the InterContinental in downtown area.We were very satified with that location. This will help you decide.This is what we used to find our hotel.

https://mapov.com/hotels/The%20Port%20of%20Miami/?ppc=111&ch=adwords&gclid=CJCtmee33tECFQiBswodyAgG1Q&ad=2017-07-02&dd=2017-07-03&pmn=null&pmx=null&smn=null&smx=null&tmn=null&tmx=null&pp=1&pt=25.792782908155996%2C-80.23422324809559&z=13

www dot betterbidding dot com will give you lots of PL info, recent winning bids and strategy. When do you cruise? Only a few of the budget places out near the MIA airport offer port shuttles. Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $25+ and another $12+ cab will get you to POM the next morning; discount those prices by about 40% if you use UberX.

The Florida departures board has lots of Miami hotel info. Good luck! :cool: