Ms Amsterdam

beaniele

I am on board the Amsterdam now. I would say the ship is in good shape. The only mechanical problems we have experienced are with the Thermal Suite. Something seems to break in there regularly

Hi, are you doing a 7 night or 14 night cruise on the Amsterdam? We are on the 14 night cruise at the end of July, first time in Alaska and the Amsterdam. Daughter is very nervous that she'll feel sea-sick in Alaska if the seas are rough. How did you find it?

Hi, are you doing a 7 night or 14 night cruise on the Amsterdam? We are on the 14 night cruise at the end of July, first time in Alaska and the Amsterdam. Daughter is very nervous that she'll feel sea-sick in Alaska if the seas are rough. How did you find it?

There are a few points where it can/might/will be rough - Seattle to Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point to Anchorage, Kodiak to Hubbard, & Sitka to Victoria. (When the ship is in the Gulf of Alaska or the Pacific Ocean while not being sheltered.)

From Conde Nast Traveler's list of the World's Roughest Cruise Itineraries:

Alaska: If you didn't expect to see Alaska on this list, you'd be right—if we were talking about Alaska's Inside Passage, which is one of the calmest bodies of water in the world. However, any ship crossing the Gulf of Alaska—especially after Labor Day—can experience varying degrees of turbulence.

Steerage is great. We have spent 9 weeks on the Dolphin Deck of the Amsterdam this year. We love, love, love the ocean view cabins.

Cheers, Denise

We left the ship on June 5 after 14 days in Dolphin Deck 1917. It was a delightful cabin with great views. Enjoy your cruise!

Steerage is great. We have spent 9 weeks on the Dolphin Deck of the Amsterdam this year. We love, love, love the ocean view cabins.

Cheers, Denise

Hi Denise, we are on dolphin deck next month, but we have the very very forward cabin. I think we have to help drop the anchor.

Hi Denise, we are on dolphin deck next month, but we have the very very forward cabin. I think we have to help drop the anchor.

We were Dolphin Deck forward too. The Gangway was right outside our window. 1824 for 7 weeks. Then 1946 aft for 2 weeks. Both were delightful.

Cheers, Denise

We were Dolphin Deck forward too. The Gangway was right outside our window. 1824 for 7 weeks. Then 1946 aft for 2 weeks. Both were delightful.

Cheers, Denise

What was the seven week cruise? I have friends that are booked on Voyage of the Vikings. Love to do that, but don't know if I can commit to it.