Oasis Review, Jun 4 2017 sailing

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the same itinerary in 10 days. Do you recall the two formal nights? I know typically night 2 and I think the second will be on night 5, but would love to know for sure to make our other reservations work.

Thanks for your review!

We are doing the same itinerary in 10 days. Do you recall the two formal nights? I know typically night 2 and I think the second will be on night 5, but would love to know for sure to make our other reservations work.

Thanks for your review!

Im on the Oasis right now. The formal nights are 2nd and 5th night. Tonight is lobster night.

Just be aware that it varies by itinerary. RCI generally avoids having formal nights on port days. For example, next week when I'll be on Oasis, the 2nd formal night will be night 6 b/c we're in port on day 5.

Just be aware that it varies by itinerary. RCI generally avoids having formal nights on port days. For example, next week when I'll be on Oasis, the 2nd formal night will be night 6 b/c we're in port on day 5.

We were in San Juan today. Boat left at 2 pm. Still had formal night. Lobster was actually pretty good. Way better than I expected.

We were in San Juan today. Boat left at 2 pm. Still had formal night. Lobster was actually pretty good. Way better than I expected.

That's why I said "generally." Your itinerary had formal night on a port day b/c you were in port on both day 5 and day 6 of a 7 night cruise. Having formal night the last night isn't an option b/c of packing, planning to depart, crew stuff, etc.

Can you tell me what the temperature inside the ship is? I tend to get cold and am wondering if I will need a fancy sweater to wear to dinner when Im in a dress. Ill be dining at the specialty restaurants. Thanks.

How did you travel at the ports? We will be on the Oasis in August with our 9 year old and 11 month old and trying to figure out how to travel with a car seat aged child?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Labadee was not an issue of course. This is one reason why, with a family, I really like this type of port. It is a way to enjoy time off the ship with no hassle.

In Jamaica, we just walked around the port area so no issue there for us either. I couldn't find an excursion that had much appeal and was appropriate for all our ages, and I'm not one to spend a couple hundred bucks or more on an excursion for the family unless it is something we really want to do.

In Cozumel, we caught a cab to Paradise Beach, which was great. We buckled everyone in but didn't have a car seat for our 3 yr old. For an 11 month old, you might want to check over in the family cruising forum. Caution: people have some pretty strong thoughts one way or another. Better just to read the different options/thoughts/opinions and silently make your own decision :)

Can you tell me what the temperature inside the ship is? I tend to get cold and am wondering if I will need a fancy sweater to wear to dinner when Im in a dress. Ill be dining at the specialty restaurants. Thanks.

I never found this to be an issue... probably similar to your indoor shopping mall at home. I'm not totally insensitive to the cold, I do have a hoodie I keep at work because by the afternoon it is too cold in our office.

That being said, if you have any concern at all I'm sure a lightweight sweater wouldn't take up much space... you could bring one just in case :)

My wife finds the theater a biit cool for her so she brings a light sweater.

We sail on Sunday and also booked through the big box TA. Our only deal at the time was the cash card when we return. The various deals depend on which sailing. And we booked relatively late (2 1/2 months before). Those are some great TA bonuses though!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Mike! I will double check our port days to see if that will be an issue.

Go Orlando City!

I'm a member of this big-box store but never used the travel service :( If I was to book thru them, do you have to pay all at once or can you make payments like booking with RC? (I looked thru the terms and conditions but didn't see that info) Thank you!

I'm a member of this big-box store but never used the travel service :( If I was to book thru them, do you have to pay all at once or can you make payments like booking with RC? (I looked thru the terms and conditions but didn't see that info) Thank you!

Yes, you can make payments, once the deposit is paid. Final payment is due approx. 2 weeks before Royal Caribbean's final payment date.