Oasis Review, Jun 4 2017 sailing

I really appreciate you giving so much info about all the things that were in the package, it's a bit nerve wracking to trust it's all just going to work out but you've set my mind at ease!

I just double checked and it does state that the spa appointment has to be on a port day:

***Included extras are per person for first and second passengers only, cannot be substituted for other items or services, and have no cash value. If included activities are not attended, no cash reimbursement will be given. Included extras are applicable to third or fourth guests in a stateroom where noted. Dragon's Splash Waterslide is applicable from 8 to 10 a.m. and from 2 to 4 p.m. Beverages are not included at Johnny Rockets® or specialty dining. Please see Spa Manager once you board to make your appointment. Spa experience is limited to one per stateroom and is only available on port days. Gratuities are not included.

I really appreciate you giving so much info about all the things that were in the package, it's a bit nerve wracking to trust it's all just going to work out but you've set my mind at ease!

No trouble, I figured it might help some folks since I discovered beforehand that there wasn't much info out there about it. It did feel like a bit of a leap of faith that everything would be in place; but then I realized there are probably dozens more folks on the same sailing with the same package... comfort in numbers :)

The time periods for the water slide and coaster were not enforced; in fact they didn't even seem set up on Labadee to enforce time periods for those activities. We were given an all-day wrist band for the water slide and a single-ride band for the coaster (they cut it off just before you ride.) The water park is strictly by time period for everyone though; these are 1 hour sessions.

You've also made me a little nervous about AO because my 7 year old has autism and will just shut down in that kind of environment. I hope they have better trained staff in his group.

Hi, Ibjen,

You can see if your cruise includes the Autism on the Seas group. They had information at guest services for people to get info about activities to join them. If they are, they organized private events, including excursions, special rock climbing time, etc. I hope they are on your sailing so that you can join them! You can look up their website. :)

PS: Unfortunately, it seems like they are back on August 6th on Oasis. They are covering other ships in July...

Edited by APDMOM

Great review, irun5k! Glad to see you enjoyed most of your cruise! You got a nice deal with your big box store! We like the cash OBC we get from our TA, but your deal may be worth looking into.

Happy future cruising!

APDMOM aka idontrun5k but will watch ;)

Hi, Ibjen,

You can see if your cruise includes the Autism on the Seas group. They had information at guest services for people to get info about activities to join them. If they are, they organized private events, including excursions, special rock climbing time, etc. I hope they are on your sailing so that you can join them! You can look up their website. :)

PS: Unfortunately, it seems like they are back on August 6th on Oasis. They are covering other ships in July...

Thanks, I've heard of them and even recommended them to friends before, but we've never made it onto one of their sailings! My son is very high functioning but just doesn't do well when being shouted at. Which isn't a problem most of the time because he's well behaved but some adults tend to have a hard time with kids who aren't what they're used to.

Just to close out on the perk info, we just got our cash back yesterday- less than a week after getting back from the cruise. It is a $140 cash card for the big box; we got 2 cards, one per stateroom. Nice to get that back on top of everything else :)

I was on the cruise as well this week and had the Big box store deal. The 25 credit on Labadee was just a credit off the bill (so we did not have to use it on the island). We got 2 meals at Chops, however we got a call that we could have used it for 150 Central Park, but didn't (love Chops!). Times were not enforced for the coaster, waterslide or mats, we never did the water park. We actually got 2 free massages!!! Shocked when it came time to pay that we were both free. Johnny Rockets was a credit as well, went for lunch. Meal took over an hour to get so they actually took it off the bill (didn't even ask for it, so that was nice)Got the gift card today as well.

Already had Harmony booked in October, but after this cruise, seriously considered switching back to the Oasis. I promised the kids the waterslides, so had to keep it booked. This was a fun bunch of staff and fellow cruisers. My best vacation to date!!! Maybe because I was with my BFF and no kids or hubby, LOL

Just to close out on the perk info, we just got our cash back yesterday- less than a week after getting back from the cruise. It is a $140 cash card for the big box; we got 2 cards, one per stateroom. Nice to get that back on top of everything else :)

When/what time of year did you book your cruise at the Kirkland store?

Thank you all for this very helpful information on the perks. We booked our cruise with this package in August last year but I did see it available a few months later but don't recall when.

We'll have to wait and see if we're able to use the voucher at 150 Central Park, which is our 1st choice.

Thanks again!!

Krazyfuntimes, you lucked out if they gave you two massages and also offered you 150 Central! Nice deal :)

I think we booked back in January for the early June cruise.

Yes, very lucky!

The cruise porters also severely damaged my friends suitcase, so they gave her two brand new amazing suitcases to make up for it!!! She was so impressed. Which is why i told her I don't do Carnival anymore and why she needs to jump ship over to RC, LOL

Praying the staff and fellow cruisers are just as amazing in October on the Harmony. My teens are so excited to go!

Thank you, question, as many people claim their staterooms were too warm even set at the lowest setting, did you find at night your room to be warm?

We were on the same sailing and had an deck 8 ocean view balcony. We had it on the coldest setting all week and I brought a table fan to use at night....... it was maybe 74 degrees in the room at the coldest time and then it got warmer during the day. I always made sure our balcony door was shut and locked and sometimes I would shut our curtains just to get the room cooler during the day.

I love a cold cabin though!❄️☃️

Thank you so much for this great review, I particularly love to hear about people's experience with their kids.

If anyone who got the 'big box' travel agent deal would be willing to inbox me what agent you went with, that would awesome!

What is the big big deal? For the first time ever I have used a travel agent and it doesn't seem like we get anything for it! :(

Maybe you didn't use the right travel agent?

What is the big big deal? For the first time ever I have used a travel agent and it doesn't seem like we get anything for it! :(

I didn't get the deal others are talking about here with the agency I used. However, I did get $400 onboard credit, so that was a really big deal. I generally initially book with RCCL, then switch to an agent if they are offering something really special.

Could someone please message me the name of the travel agent with the big box deal? Thanks!

I'm too new to posting here to know all the rules but this post should answer your question. If not, google the brand mentioned.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53333867&postcount=33

We just booked Oasis for the end of August from the big box starting with C and also got the "Beach Package". I didn't even know what it was until I clicked on the name during the booking process. WOW! Couldn't believe all the things they were offering on a cruise that was already a great price! I have never had a massage before, so a bit nervous about that. Thanks for the review!

We just booked Oasis for the end of August from the big box starting with C and also got the "Beach Package". I didn't even know what it was until I clicked on the name during the booking process. WOW! Couldn't believe all the things they were offering on a cruise that was already a great price! I have never had a massage before, so a bit nervous about that. Thanks for the review!

I just test booked my Oasis cruise for February at the "big box" TA we are discussing and the only special I got was the cash card. When would the other goodies show up?

I just test booked my Oasis cruise for February at the "big box" TA we are discussing and the only special I got was the cash card. When would the other goodies show up?

You have to book a Buyers Choice cruise to get the other stuff. They are on specific dates and sailings.