Internet/Wifi Question

Yindella

Thinking about getting the unlimited internet access. How does that work. Do they give you a code to log in? I have iphone and iPad. Can I used on both, or one at a time?

I am going to be on the NCL Epic from Barcelona. How is the wifi? Is it slow or decent?

The wifi coverage on the Epic is pretty good. The ship underwent a major dry dock in October 2015 where they replaced the original wifi infrastructure. The speed is o.k. for basic stuff. No high speed gaming. No live streaming. We were able to easily upload photos and check email when we were on board.

• 7 months later...
How does it compare to VOOM on Royal Caribbean?
More expensive, slower than Voom - a fraction of what RCL delivered.

Promises made in 2016 and again in 2017 by NCL of better & faster options - still "work in progress" - and a newer App, still in beta (accordingly, IMO - as a pilot) for some of the applications only on the Sky ... fingers & legs crossed, soon to the Bliss when it launch this Spring.

It is not great speed but adequate for basics. I used it on the Gem this month. I used Facebook messenger to call my mom. I was able to call her and have brief conversations. It provided great peace of mind for me to know I could keep connected. Other than that it was good to post updates and send some messages.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It is not great speed but adequate for basics. I used it on the Gem this month. I used Facebook messenger to call my mom. I was able to call her and have brief conversations. It provided great peace of mind for me to know I could keep connected. Other than that it was good to post updates and send some messages.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Hoping it has improved a bit since we were on Escape 2 yrs ago and it was awful.

How does it compare to VOOM on Royal Caribbean?

Depends. We were on the Anthem recently and the VOOM service was pretty bad. Worse than most of NCLs ships.

RCL and NCL suffer from the same problem on their mega ships. They over subscribe the service. They keep selling and selling packages long after they have exceeded reasonable capacity of the system. On the Anthem, we could not even upload low resolution photos. They just creeeeeeeeeep along and eventually time out.