MSC Seaside - Aurea Suite vs. Aurea Balcony - Major Differences?

TheSoccerCoach

Hello All,

Thanks to previous discussions on Aurea balcony sizes, we switched our booking on Seaside from Deck 15 to Deck 9. We are opting for the larger balcony as opposed to the higher view.

But, after learning I get a 10% discount for working for a state university, we are looking at bumping ourselves up to an Aurea suite on Deck 9 as their balconies are around 170 sq feet compared to the 96 sq ft of the balcony cabins.

If I am seeing it correctly, the suite cabins also have bathtubs compared to showers in the balcony cabins? Is that the only other difference, if I am correct?

So, is it greater balcony size and bathtubs that one would get in a suite, compared to balcony?

Cheers!

No one know the real answer to this yet as MSC has been very slow in releasing any info, everything is speculation at this point based on drawings and info that as released over a year ago. Hopefully more info will release soon.

No one know the real answer to this yet as MSC has been very slow in releasing any info, everything is speculation at this point based on drawings and info that as released over a year ago. Hopefully more info will release soon.

Am hoping for someone with inside connects to see this and give us some inside intel!

But, after learning I get a 10% discount for working for a state university, we are looking at bumping ourselves up to an Aurea suite on Deck 9 as their balconies are around 170 sq feet compared to the 96 sq ft of the balcony cabins.

Is this discount for a specific university or any state university? I work for one in the Midwest and this could definitely push me in MSC's direction for my next cruise.

Is this discount for a specific university or any state university? I work for one in the Midwest and this could definitely push me in MSC's direction for my next cruise.

State/Govt employees get a 10% discount. I just had to take a photo of my ID and send it to my TA.