Upsell Call

dcreech1966

Just got a call to upgrade from our balcony room to a suite. We have a balcony on the Lido on the Freedom. They wanted to move us to a suite on the Empress (forward) for $759 total. I told him that was too high. He said to call back if we change our minds. I might have done it for half that!

I'd say that was a good call on your part. We always try to sail in a Lido balcony and got two upsells but did not like the location of the suites. I might try it one day but I would have to be fine with the cost.

Just got a call to upgrade from our balcony room to a suite. We have a balcony on the Lido on the Freedom. They wanted to move us to a suite on the Empress (forward) for $759 total. I told him that was too high. He said to call back if we change our minds. I might have done it for half that!

When is your cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. That upsell cost is pretty much the going rate difference between an 8A (which is a lower priced balcony than the one you already have) and an Ocean Suite - certainly no bargain! You made a good call.

I wonder how they make the determination for the upgrades and the cost. I can't seem to figure out a rhyme or reason behind it.

We booked a regular 8C midship balcony cabin on the Splendor to Hawaii for Dec 2018 - 14 day. I wanted a spa balcony, but wasn't going to pay $1800 more, which months ago was the booking rate. 3 weeks ago they offered us a spa balcony for $350 more ... Even better it's the end balcony (considered midship). We took it.

Been watching the spa suites, which they still have 2 available, but they are still like $3000 more and I'm not paying that either. LOL

Anybody know? I've heard it has to do w/ how well or how fast/slow the cabins are selling, but that doesn't really seem to be the case for a boat that sails 18 mos from now.

I wonder how they make the determination for the upgrades and the cost. I can't seem to figure out a rhyme or reason behind it.

We booked a regular 8C midship balcony cabin on the Splendor to Hawaii for Dec 2018 - 14 day. I wanted a spa balcony, but wasn't going to pay $1800 more, which months ago was the booking rate. 3 weeks ago they offered us a spa balcony for $350 more ... Even better it's the end balcony (considered midship). We took it.

Been watching the spa suites, which they still have 2 available, but they are still like $3000 more and I'm not paying that either. LOL

Anybody know? I've heard it has to do w/ how well or how fast/slow the cabins are selling, but that doesn't really seem to be the case for a boat that sails 18 mos from now.

They must have some method to the madness. They have not met there people capacity, guarantees still have to be completed. Your OV may go for 500, the balcony 900, they upgrade you for 400 sell the ov for 500. On a guaranteed, they already paid, why give them the balcony when they can get the existing ov to upsell for 500. I'm only pulling these numbers out of my butt, so don't pay attention to that part. But the general gist, they are playing with the dollars to get the most. They aren't giving us a cheap upsell out of the goodness of their heart, sure would be nice.