Balcony on theRoyal

snag

The forward facing balconies (L101-104) are about 1/4 - 1/2 covered. Plenty of sun, and enough shade.

And the balconies in 101-102 are huge.

The nice thing about the forward facing cabins on the Royal is the privacy. Yes, if you go to the railing they may see the top of your head from the Sanctuary but for all practical purposes it's private.

Yes, for those who have not stayed in the forward facing cabins it can be extremely windy at sea. Some people really avoid those cabins for that reason.

Lately we have upgraded to M107/108 because of the balcony but we have always felt that L101/102 cabins are the best value on the ship.

Three times in L101 on Royal and it's our cabin of choice. Yes, windy, but not a deal breaker. Both sun and shade and a huge balcony and it's a DELUXE cabin. If you can get one of these Lido deck cabins, jump on it, because they book up quickly. Side cabins on Lido cannot compare.

I agree on L101/102. We had this cabin in March on the Regal. It was my first time with a balcony of any kind and it spoiled us. It can be a little windy up by the forward rail, but if you are back from the rail, it isn't bad at all. I did measure it out (using the very-scientific heel-to-toe method) and estimate the balcony for L101 to be approximately 12' by 12'. There is a little room under the slanted front, but I couldn't get my legs to bend that way.

We loved this cabin so much that we have it booked for our 20th anniversary cruise next year.