Escape Room on Breakaway-'Escape- The Big Top"

We did the Escape the big top last week on the Epic. It's a new program they are starting.

Basically you are put into teams, given clues and need to solve the clues and "escape" within an hour.

It was a lot of fun doing it and challenging. BTW, no one escaped. A few were close.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Found this on a search, hope it helps

I also thought it was very well done and lots of fun. Luckily, I was on a team with people smarter than me and we actually did get to 'Escape" with 7 minutes to go! Now that I am familiar with the concept, I would definately do this again.

What is Escape the Big Top? Is it like an escape room? Is there a fee to participate? Is it geared towards adults or kids? It says best for ages 12 and over. We are just 2- 40 yr olds so not sure if its appropriate for us with no kids.

This is not a kids activity. This is an adult escape room activity. It is free, but sells out quickly. Attached is part of a review we did a couple of weeks ago on the Breakaway.

ESCAPE THE BIG TOP. If you have ever been to an escape room, or wanted to try an escape room (for free), Escape the Big Top was a blast. So, I will be the first to admit that we didn’t escape. And only had part of the puzzle completed when the end of the time approached. But one of the groups during our session was successful in escaping. In our session, there were 11 groups of 8 people. You were randomly seated in groups. At the start of the session, a deranged circus magician comes over the speaker and “locks” you in the room (on the Breakaway it was the Spiegel Tent) and you have 45 minutes to solve a series of puzzles and ultimately recite the “magic words” to unlock the doors. At the end of the session, the magician comes back on the speaker to tell you how to solve each of the puzzles, but admonishes you not to share that information with anyone. Time 1 hour (45 minutes to solve the puzzles).

0b55066360dee21917b3a9b367c8fd12.jpg

So much fun!!! But definitely for kids a little older. If you have never done one, it can be confusing at first. Sign up at the box office. They make teams of ten or so people with a total of eight teams. 45 minutes to complete. We got 5/6 right. No one in our time slot solved it.

We did in May. Nobody in our session solved. We went to Headliners the first thing when we got on ship and signed up- we were with a family from LA who'd done escape rooms before. It was fun but I agree not for younger kids -- everyone in our group was 20 or above .

Silly question, but are the doors really locked? Sounds like a fun game but I am claustrophobic and the thoughts of being locked in worries me a little!!

I don't recall that they really locked the doors but you are in a large showroom...wouldn't be any different than locking the doors in your stateroom or at home for that matter. :)

I don't recall that they really locked the doors but you are in a large showroom...wouldn't be any different than locking the doors in your stateroom or at home for that matter. :)

I know, but the stateroom and my doors at home are under my control....:o

I am sure I will be fine, it is not logical at all when I understand and accept that I get to the ship by plane!!

do they randomly pick teams or can you keep your group together? There would be at least 5 of us possibly 6 and would like to play together
As you sign up you are put in groups of 8. I believe there are 6 groups of 8 in each performance. You are not "locked" in some type of small room but one of the showrooms, all the groups together. If you have a group of 5/6 you just need each group's cabin number and one person can sign up for everyone. I went to the box office and got 8 of us over 4 cabins signed up. You just may have another couple of people added to your group. It's a lot of fun!

Is this done on a sea day?

Yes. There are several opportunities to do it. We did it on our second day at sea. It's fun but tough to solve - even if you have done escape rooms before.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. There are several opportunities to do it. We did it on our second day at sea. It's fun but tough to solve - even if you have done escape rooms before.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent thanks for the info!

Looking forward to giving this a try on our upcoming BA cruise. :)

• 5 years later...

Getaway has something called BAM!Boozled! Based on the daily's description, it sounds like it may be similar to this Escape thing. We didn't go as I didn't want us to be the awkward adult couple with a bunch of kids. If it is similar, sounds like we might have been ok. 

Escape the Big Top has been around for a few years now.  We did it on EPIC, I want to say 2019...From what I see on some recent dailys the one on the Breakaway is different.  It's called Bamboozled.  Sounds like same idea though, it's in the same venue.