Escape...couple of questions.

Hrhbob

One NCL cruise on Pearl in May got me hooked on NCL Freestyle cruising. Considering Escape to Eastern Carribean in early Dec. Not interested in rushing to get Vibe (if there even is one on Escape) but is Spice H2O available to all adult passengers? Looking at mid-ship balcony (13744, 46, 48). Does anyone have an opinion on these cabins? Also thinking large balcony or maybe mini-suite. Would appreciate CC experts thoughts. Thanks.....love CC!

Not interested in rushing to get Vibe (if there even is one on Escape) but is Spice H2O available to all adult passengers?

Yes.

Looking at mid-ship balcony (13744, 46, 48). Does anyone have an opinion on these cabins? Also thinking large balcony or maybe mini-suite. Would appreciate CC experts thoughts. Thanks.....love CC!

Do you prefer "bed-near-balcony" or "bed-near-closet"?

13746 should be "bed-near-balcony" while the other 2 should be near closet.

One NCL cruise on Pearl in May got me hooked on NCL Freestyle cruising. Considering Escape to Eastern Carribean in early Dec. Not interested in rushing to get Vibe (if there even is one on Escape) but is Spice H2O available to all adult passengers? Looking at mid-ship balcony (13744, 46, 48). Does anyone have an opinion on these cabins? Also thinking large balcony or maybe mini-suite. Would appreciate CC experts thoughts. Thanks.....love CC!

Escape is a great ship if you like big ships. Be prepared for a lot of crowding, particularly on the pool deck, which is why many people try to get a Vibe pass. Spice H2O is open to all passengers. The Eastern Caribbean itinerary is great if you like sea days..you get two on the way down and one on the way back to Miami. On the other hand, St. Thomas can be really crowded if you get one of those days with 5 or 6 ships in port.

Can't comment on the mid-ship balcony cabins other than to say they look fairly standard. Mini-suite is just a little larger, but not a true suite as you don't get the suite amenities.

Thanks for the good info. Loved Pearl but ready to try a big ship and all it offers. Don't think crowds will bother us as we're not really pool people. Lounging in the shade people watching and reading is fine. Two years ago did Western Carribean on Princess so Eastern Carribean it is this time. Cruise is for my 70th birthday so pools, difficult excursions, rushing and clawing to get Vibe passes, etc, not my thing.

I'm curious....how would one know which cabin has bed near balcony vs near closet? I suspect near the balcony might be a good choice.

You will love the escape!

H2O is for adults only during the day time and open to all for the evening activities. It is less crowded than the main pool area that is very busy during the day.

We stayed in a mini suite and loved it! The extra space in the bathroom and shower was worth it for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm curious....how would one know which cabin has bed near balcony vs near closet? I suspect near the balcony might be a good choice.

In the case of Escape, people are using the deck-plans, the info on the NCL website, and (best option) info supplied from those who have stayed in a particular stateroom.

HOWEVER, there have been errors/missing info on the deck-plans, the info on the website is sometimes incorrect, and not every stateroom has a "witness" that is here on CC.

The info that I gave was based on the the deck-plan showing that the balcony stateroom (13746) sleeps 4. In that case, the bed will be near the balcony and the sofa-bed and pullman will be near the closet.

Thanks for the good info. Loved Pearl but ready to try a big ship and all it offers. Don't think crowds will bother us as we're not really pool people. Lounging in the shade people watching and reading is fine. Two years ago did Western Carribean on Princess so Eastern Carribean it is this time. Cruise is for my 70th birthday so pools, difficult excursions, rushing and clawing to get Vibe passes, etc, not my thing.

well, have a happy 70th birthday, maybe will run into each other , my name is kathy and husband Larry, i will be on a scooter, so just introduce yourself , looking forward to a great cruise

If you avoid the pool deck, you will love this ship. H2O is pretty mellow during the day. Deck 8 is the place to lounge, lots of seating, shade on one side sunny on the other. A nice bar or two. Atrium shows and events can get busy as well, but worth it if you can snag a seat.

Looking for a mellow excursion, try escape to Jost Van dyke, Dont let the description dissuade you. They pull right up to the most amazing beach (and a nice bar). Stunning location.

t.

This is why I love CC. Folks so helpful and friendly. Two wheels...I kind of thought that was the reasoning behind bed placement. Kath...maybe we'll meet at a meet and greet if I book this trip. The excursion sounds perfect for my lazy self! Talk to you all again when I have more questions😄

If you avoid the pool deck, you will love this ship. H2O is pretty mellow during the day. Deck 8 is the place to lounge, lots of seating, shade on one side sunny on the other. A nice bar or two. Atrium shows and events can get busy as well, but worth it if you can snag a seat.

Looking for a mellow excursion, try escape to Jost Van dyke, Dont let the description dissuade you. They pull right up to the most amazing beach (and a nice bar). Stunning location.

t.[/quoteIS the vibe a good place (if u can get ) as far as seats , does it attract a all ages kind of space ?

Also does this mellow excursion Jost Van Dyke, handicap accessible ?

The trip involves a catamaran that has a set of steps off the front of the boat. There is no dock they pull in to shore, and drop you off in about a foot of water. As far as Handicap accessible, if a persons uses a scooter or wheelchair this would not be the trip for you. But able to climb a few stairs, and able to walk up the beach, it would be doable in my opinion.

The Description says guest must be able to swim if there are rough seas. My mother in law (in her mid-60s) does not swim and we nearly did not do this trip due to the description. After reading reviews here and on another Trip forum, i talked her in to it. It is now her (and my) favorite beach.

t.[/quoteIS the vibe a good place (if u can get ) as far as seats , does it attract a all ages kind of space ?

Also does this mellow excursion Jost Van Dyke, handicap accessible ?

Also thinking large balcony or maybe mini-suite. Would appreciate CC experts thoughts. Thanks.....love CC!

Large balconies: most of the Escape balconies are small. You can squeeze a couple of chairs out there. But, it is enough to enjoy the outside. The large balconies, by definition, stick out beyond the regular balconies to give you space for a lounger. The one draw back is that since it sticks out, there is no shade, and you have a few hundred rooms that look right down on you. So don't do anything or dress in anything that you won't mind having posted on the internet forever.

The size of a minisuite room is exactly the same as a balcony. The difference in size is entirely in the bathroom. If you click on the floor plans, you will see that you get a large rainfall shower and a larger area around the toilet in the minutesuite. And a double sink (which you only reasonably get one person in front of). You are NOT in a suite and do not get any suite amenities or suite privileges. Just a larger balcony. That being said, we always try to sail in minisuites, just for the extra bathroom space. And have booked a minisuite on the Bliss next year for another trip to Alaska.

Another option for a large balcony with privacy from above would be the aft-facing balconies. The depths vary depending on deck and even the widths vary on the same deck. They all sleep 3 but bed location can be either configuration (not counting the HC/aft-facing mini suites).

I have a PCC who was able to get that information for me. Loved being near the Balcony. My sister was next door and she was next to the Closet.

Yes.

Do you prefer "bed-near-balcony" or "bed-near-closet"?

13746 should be "bed-near-balcony" while the other 2 should be near closet.

I believe you are correct - we are in 13740 and 42 and have been told that 42 is bed near the balcony - to allow for the 4 person room, with the pull man. And I of course am in 40 with the bed by the closet!!

I like the bed by the balcony for laying in bed with the door open....regardless, I will be on vacation in the middle of the Caribbean;p

Spice H2O is aft most on deck 17.

VIBE is deck 19 starboard side just behind the Haven sundeck.

If you like a lot of noise and action then you should go to the spice H2O. But if you simply want a place with hot tubs and loungers always available where you are served cooled water with fruit infused in it and of course served your drinks if you want to order something. If you have the universal beverage package you can ask them for anything. But basically it's for relaxing and lounging and soaking in the whirlpool hot tub rather than for partying.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
The trip involves a catamaran that has a set of steps off the front of the boat. There is no dock they pull in to shore, and drop you off in about a foot of water. As far as Handicap accessible, if a persons uses a scooter or wheelchair this would not be the trip for you. But able to climb a few stairs, and able to walk up the beach, it would be doable in my opinion.

The Description says guest must be able to swim if there are rough seas. My mother in law (in her mid-60s) does not swim and we nearly did not do this trip due to the description. After reading reviews here and on another Trip forum, i talked her in to it. It is now her (and my) favorite beach.

I also don't swim, but JVD is one of my favorite places and would love to do this. What are the odds in November that the water would be rough enough that they wouldn't pull up to the beach? I'm going solo, and this would be on my birthday so the thought of being left on the catermaran would be horrible. I read that workers on the rebel yell will assist those who need it....should I worry?

I also don't swim, but JVD is one of my favorite places and would love to do this. What are the odds in November that the water would be rough enough that they wouldn't pull up to the beach? I'm going solo, and this would be on my birthday so the thought of being left on the catermaran would be horrible. I read that workers on the rebel yell will assist those who need it....should I worry?

We went beginning of December last year & the water was not rough at the beach at all. The crew was awesome. Very helpful. Go for it & have a great time.

The Escape is a great ship and you really need more than a week to explore all she has to offer. We had a mid ship mini, 12226 I think, in Feb 2016. The bed was by the balcony. The size of the bathroom definitely makes it worth choosing over a balcony. We're booked again in December. We had booked a b2b in Jan/Feb 2016 but had to cancel so we're really looking forward to the Dec trip.

If you do a mock booking the stateroom description has a see more option and clicking on that will often, although not always, tell you the bed location.

I had a Vibe pass so I never went to Spice. As Vibe has a hot tube, I took advantage of the pool being empty on port days. The only access is via pool ladder so it can be a challenge for some.

There were plenty of options for my mom as she is an octogenarian and was never a pool person.

If you decide to book - you should have a great cruise!

Angela

Escape cabin aft 14902, bed near balcony. Has 2 chairs and 2 chaises. Door opens to the full hall/walkway to the elevators/stairs...Better be neat if you don't want people to see your cabin while the steward is cleaning it.

Cabin aft 14904 bed near closet. Has 2 chairs and 2 chaises.

Cabin 14906 bed in the center as it is a HC cabin AND has NO chair to sit in. You would have to bring in a balcony chair if someone needs or desires to sit. Has 2 chairs and 2 chaises. Otherwise you sit on the bed.

All are I/2 covered by the deck above. If you step out to the railing they can see you from above.

If you are a light sleeper the bass sound from Spice will be need to be kept in mind. It's loud.

We met people on deck 15 and they were very upset at this.

If you are not by the pool people like us, you might be interested in the spa. I don't know if you looked at the spa on the Pearl or what it is like, but the spa on the Eclipse is amazing! The passes cost about 199.00 pp online for a week and to us is money well spent. It gives you use for the week of the thermal heated loungers, great padded non heated loungers, sauna, salt room and snow room. There is a wonderful therapy pool with a whirlpool that my dh swears by for his back and neck. It is so nice and tranquil with floor to ceiling windows looking out to sea over the bow. For our upcoming Escape cruise we were able to book a spa cabin for exactly 400.00 more than a regular balcony, which would have been the price for our passes if we were in a non spa cabin. You can check out pictures of the spa online.

Mary Ann

t.

does deck 8 , have any mists , or way to get your body cooled down ?