Car rental near Los Angeles port

Details

We will be vacationing in San Diego prior to our cruise. We will need to return rental car prior to boarding ship. Is Long Beach the closest city to port? As we are departing on a Sunday, many rental agencies are closed. If Long Beach is the closest city, how far is airport from port? Thanks.

Long Beach is the port for LA with Princess. You could drop the car off at the Long Beach Airport and take a Uber, or Cab to the port. I would check with your car rental agency as the closest drop off point in the Long Beach port area

Long Beach is the port for LA with Princess. You could drop the car off at the Long Beach Airport and take a Uber, or Cab to the port. I would check with your car rental agency as the closest drop off point in the Long Beach port area

Where do Celebrity cruises depart from in Los Angeles?

Celebrity sails from the World Cruise Center in San Pedro...across the harbor from Long Beach--roughly 6-8 miles away...Actually, Princess cruises from San Pedro as well--as do most cruise lines. Only Carnival sails from Long Beach--with the rare exception of some port stops by other Carnival-owned lines.

Celebrity sails from the World Cruise Center in San Pedro...across the harbor from Long Beach--roughly 6-8 miles away...Actually, Princess cruises from San Pedro as well--as do most cruise lines. Only Carnival sails from Long Beach--with the rare exception of some port stops by other Carnival-owned lines.

I didn't know there were two ports. I looked up Port of San Pedro and no car rental agencies are open on Sundays when we would need to return car. I guess we will have to drop off at Long Beach airport (assuming this is closest place open on Sunday) and take a cab from there to San Pedro. Thanks Bruin, you are always so helpful.