Watches

Does anyone know if the watch shop on Independence sells Certina watches? Bought a Tag on Independence last year which I had to return after twice being back to Tag service centre for two different faults. Fair play to the shop owners, they were really helpful and gave me a full refund stating that it was unacceptable to have these problems with a watch of that value. Need to know whether to buy a watch in Southampton or wait till we board. Our cruise leaves in 4 weeks by the way so starting to think about it now. :D

Thanks for that. I didn't think they were for sale on our cruise last October but thought I would confirm. There are a couple of watch jewellery stores that stock them in the UK but I agree that are not a common brand and not exactly high end though they do have a couple of nice models. Just really wanting a smart watch to wear on formal nights as my Tissot T Touch is on orange strap and other watch is a Garmin. That watch store seems to have a dirty great magnet that must home in on my wallet and suck me in.

Thanks for that. I didn't think they were for sale on our cruise last October but thought I would confirm. There are a couple of watch jewellery stores that stock them in the UK but I agree that are not a common brand and not exactly high end though they do have a couple of nice models. Just really wanting a smart watch to wear on formal nights as my Tissot T Touch is on orange strap and other watch is a Garmin. That watch store seems to have a dirty great magnet that must home in on my wallet and suck me in.

Didn't see that brand in April on Independence.

I would buy at a shop on land and negotiate for a good price.

Good to know that you have been on recently and not seen them. May try and get a deal on a Tag quartz as the watches are quite a bit cheaper than buying in in the shore based shops. Thanks for that info.

We are flying in to Southampton but just had a look at their website and there are a couple of watches that are quite nice. I will have to have a closer look as they seem to have a good sales ethic. Thanks for that info.

We are flying in to Southampton but just had a look at their website and there are a couple of watches that are quite nice. I will have to have a closer look as they seem to have a good sales ethic. Thanks for that info.

West quay shopping centre and the main street in Southampton have several watch stockists.I left my Gucci watch at home in error so i was looking for a nice watch to wear on the cruise.

Yes, I spent a lot of time in West Quay last cruise drooling over Breitlings. The wife said I could buy one but didn't know if she was serious, guess I should have put her to the test. :D Going to be looking in the West Quay centre this time too. Did you buy anything or did you resist?

If your cruise takes you into Gib, they have some good duty free shops. Worth a look, some bargains to be had if the jewellery is anything to go by.

I wasn't looking for a watch when we called in there.