Exact address of R.I. port that Summit goes to?

Water709

Our cruise stops in Rhode Island on its second day. I have a friend wishing to meet me at the port. He says there are two possible ports where the ship might dock. Does anyone know the exact address of the port in R.I. where the Summit will dock? Many thanks if you have this info to share.

Keep in mind that for some Newport is a tender port. We have not been there on a cruise but we were there last fall and saw what ever ship was in port was tendering. The harbor is not really big enough to handle a cruise ship docking.

Our cruise stops in Rhode Island on its second day. I have a friend wishing to meet me at the port. He says there are two possible ports where the ship might dock. Does anyone know the exact address of the port in R.I. where the Summit will dock? Many thanks if you have this info to share.

If your friend is from RI, he should be familiar with Newport. The tender docks are on the waterside of Perrotti Park which is on America's Cup Ave (aka route 138A). I don't suggest you meet your friend there because it gets very congested with tour buses and taxis.

I would suggest you walk one block north from Perrotti Park to the Newport Gateway Center (aka Newport Visitor Information & Transportation Center), and meet your friend there. There is parking available there for your friend to wait.

SBtS

Does anyone know if the Summit will dock at Perrotti Park or do we tender here?

I'm wondering because Newport, RI isn't on the list of Celebrity ports that require tendering and my mother is wheelchair dependent.

If your friend is from RI, he should be familiar with Newport. The tender docks are on the waterside of Perrotti Park which is on America's Cup Ave (aka route 138A). I don't suggest you meet your friend there because it gets very congested with tour buses and taxis.

I would suggest you walk one block north from Perrotti Park to the Newport Gateway Center (aka Newport Visitor Information & Transportation Center), and meet your friend there. There is parking available there for your friend to wait.

SBtS

We were just in Newport this week and Perrotti Park is one block from the visitors center and I agree, great place to meet.

The summit will not be docking at Perrotti Park, that could only be used for tenders.

The exact address is 39 America's Cup Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island. The advice has been right on. The cruise ship will tender in the harbor. There is a public parking garage just north of the pier by the Gateway Center/Marriott Hotel. Remember, this is high season and it will be be busy.

Some cruise lines will not list "tender" but there is no docking in Newport. A fun place with lots to do. Mansions, real good food, and Tennis Hall of Fame. Enjoy.

Edited by keesar

The exact address is 39 America's Cup Avenue, Newport, Rhode Island. The advice has been right on. The cruise ship will tender in the harbor. There is a public parking garage just north of the pier by the Gateway Center/Marriott Hotel. Remember, this is high season and it will be be busy.

Some cruise lines will not list "tender" but there is no docking in Newport. A fun place with lots to do. Mansions, real good food, and Tennis Hall of Fame. Enjoy.

Does Perrotti Park really have an address?

SBtS

Do note that on days that a ship is in town, i.e. tendering to Periotti (sic) Park, the police do not allow stopping on America's Cup Ave, so the advise on meeting at the Gateway Center is a good idea. As your friend's get off the tender they should turn left and walk one block past the traffic light and the Marriott to the red brick bldg which is the Gateway Center.

Hope this help. I live in Newport.

SAS

Do note that on days that a ship is in town, i.e. tendering to Periotti (sic) Park, the police do not allow stopping on America's Cup Ave, so the advise on meeting at the Gateway Center is a good idea. As your friend's get off the tender they should turn left and walk one block past the traffic light and the Marriott to the red brick bldg which is the Gateway Center.

Hope this help. I live in Newport.

SAS

Really enjoyed our visit to Newport last week, nice town