Verizon Data / Liberty of the Seas

I know this has been asked before but since wireless providers and cruise lines constantly update plans, etc....question is:

As of right now, with Verizon Wireless, is it even possible to get any cellular data service at all on Liberty of the Seas?

According to VZW only SMS, MMS, and Voice is available. They don't even show 2G service anymore.

I want to be able to have phone service turned on at least partially to be able to communicate with our house / pet sitters in case of emergency but don't want any rogue data charges other than per SMS send/receive charge.

WiFi package is way too expensive considering I will have full 4G service with my own data allowance for $5/day in Mexico and $10 in Honduras.

So just need to plan for the sea days only...

Is it possible to get WiFi per day instead of for the whole trip?

I know this has been asked before but since wireless providers and cruise lines constantly update plans, etc....question is:

As of right now, with Verizon Wireless, is it even possible to get any cellular data service at all on Liberty of the Seas?

According to VZW only SMS, MMS, and Voice is available. They don't even show 2G service anymore.

I want to be able to have phone service turned on at least partially to be able to communicate with our house / pet sitters in case of emergency but don't want any rogue data charges other than per SMS send/receive charge.

WiFi package is way too expensive considering I will have full 4G service with my own data allowance for $5/day in Mexico and $10 in Honduras.

So just need to plan for the sea days only...

Is it possible to get WiFi per day instead of for the whole trip?

You can get WiFi for $20 per day, any day you like.

Also, since it does not appear that you need data, you can turn off cellular data, and use the Verizon plan if you like. You would have voice and SMS texting. Not sure about MMS texting as some carriers require cellular data for that.

Travel Pass does indeed allow you to take your domestic plan with you, but don't count on it being full 4G service at the ports you'll visit. It is more likely to be 3G, or even 2G, depending on location at any given time.

Apparently they raised the Travel Pass rate for Canada/Mexico. It was $2/day. Many of the newer Verizon plans include Canada and Mexico at no additional cost, though. I think it is determined by your data allowance.