Solo/Singles cruising question

jaee901

Hi! I am cruising with my teen daughter who is planning on spending time in the teen room doing teen things while onboard. I know there is a singles meeting area are people who are cruising as a single adult able to hang out there? Are there activities onboard for singles, and I don't mean "hook-ups" and can I join those?

I feel stuck between two worlds and I would love to have a chance to meet and talk to other people in my situation, whether they are solo cruisers or single parents.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on the Sun right now as a solo traveler. They have 2 dinner groups for solo travelers. I called to reserve a seat since the daily says too however when I called, they said not a single person reserved a seat lol... =/

There is absolutely no problem with you attending the solo meet ups etc.

How many others are there can fluctuate from cruise to cruise, but if you are on one of the newer ships (Epic or later) with studios then you should find there are a good number of people. On older ships it may be less or even, as with the previous poster, there may be nobody attending.

If there are a number of solos onboard then there will be options for doing stuff together. They often arrange meals or shows as a group.

I was on a cruise and met a mom in your exact situation. She came to the solo gatherings and happy hour with us and some shows etc. Depending on what her daughter did. They both had a great time, individually and together.

I agree with OP ship and timing is everything.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hello fellow cruiser's not sure which cruise you are on but if it's escape for Dec 23-30 I am looking for new friends to enjoy group activities with. I am a solo male cruising and have booked a studio room. It's fantastic to meet new people on a cruise!

The freestyle dailies have the time and location of the solo meet ups, usually 5pm or 6pm so you can go along and meet the other solos. A host will organise dinners as a group most evenings...that's been my experience on the Epic so I think they probably do that on most ships.

that's been my experience on the Epic so I think they probably do that on most ships.

Yes, they do something similar on all ships, although as noted earlier there are likely to be a lot less solos on the ships without studios so the attendance can be a lot lower (or even non existent) on them.

Make sure you show up on the 1st night for the Solo Gathering to find out who from the cruise staff is "in charge" of the solo cruisers, and make friends with them! If you see them around the ship, ask them what the plans are for that night, and make your decision that way... they sometimes have "ice breaker" type games to get people comfortable with each other the first couple of nights, and then they get a feeling of how many people will participate. It's one of the better "Solo" cruise lines I've been on, and I recommend it for all of my single/solo friends who are looking for a cruise.

Oh, and your daughter will more than likely LOVE the teen club too! I haven't heard many complaints about that program either, NCL knows what they are doing!

Make sure you show up on the 1st night for the Solo Gathering to find out who from the cruise staff is "in charge" of the solo cruisers, and make friends with them! If you see them around the ship, ask them what the plans are for that night, and make your decision that way... they sometimes have "ice breaker" type games to get people comfortable with each other the first couple of nights, and then they get a feeling of how many people will participate. It's one of the better "Solo" cruise lines I've been on, and I recommend it for all of my single/solo friends who are looking for a cruise.

Oh, and your daughter will more than likely LOVE the teen club too! I haven't heard many complaints about that program either, NCL knows what they are doing!

Thanks! She's a little nervous but who wouldn't be!