Opinions please on Sky suites 2115 or 2155 o n Equinox

39august

We currently have aft 2155 S2 booked on Equinox. I know that is under the buffet, but I read something a few weeks ago that made me think there wasn't much noise from above. Now I have read just the opposite! Should I change to S2 2115 as it appears to be under what people refer to as the "carpeted" area of the OV? We love aft balconies, and like cover. Thus, we booked 2155. But I do NOT want to hear chairs scraping all day and night. Have been in GS or JS on RCI under the buffet and never again! First time on X and want to get it right.

We currently have aft 2155 S2 booked on Equinox. I know that is under the buffet, but I read something a few weeks ago that made me think there wasn't much noise from above. Now I have read just the opposite! Should I change to S2 2115 as it appears to be under what people refer to as the "carpeted" area of the OV? We love aft balconies, and like cover. Thus, we booked 2155. But I do NOT want to hear chairs scraping all day and night. Have been in GS or JS on RCI under the buffet and never again! First time on X and want to get it right.

We were in 2115 on Equinox several years ago, and would book it again. It is convenient to the stairs & elevators, and it is under the carpeted area of the Oceanview Café. We didn't hear any noise from above.

The aft balconies right below the Oceanview outside deck have an overhang, but if you can tolerate some scraping of tables & chairs dragging across the deck, the aft views are very nice.

Thanks. I have switched to 2115. I also found a video of that cabin. Looks like the sofa is near the balcony. Makes the cabin look more like the Jr. Suites I am used to on RCI. Alas, no walk-in closet tho'. So eager to try Celebrity!

Thanks. I have switched to 2115. I also found a video of that cabin. Looks like the sofa is near the balcony. Makes the cabin look more like the Jr. Suites I am used to on RCI. Alas, no walk-in closet tho'. So eager to try Celebrity!

We just got off Rhapsody and were in a JS. You will find that 2115 on Equinox will have around twice the amount of drawer space and a lot more hanging/closet space than we had on Rhapsody. Maybe because it was an older ship. Yes, a nice size sofa near the balcony. Butler service was also great. I got my morning espressos and my wife got her afternoon shrimp canapes. :)

We were in 2115 and some of it is under carpeting and some under tiles. We were awakened every day just after 6:00 with the carts coming out of the kitchen setting up the various food stations and they go in and out all morning. It drove us nuts.

Sorry for the bad news but we just changed from 2115 to a aft S2 one deck below for our November Equinox cruise. You might want to see if any are available.

We were in 2115 and some of it is under carpeting and some under tiles. We were awakened every day just after 6:00 with the carts coming out of the kitchen setting up the various food stations and they go in and out all morning. It drove us nuts.

Sorry for the bad news but we just changed from 2115 to a aft S2 one deck below for our November Equinox cruise. You might want to see if any are available.

I'm not sure what carts you are referring. Carts coming from the kitchen to the various food stations are well aft of stateroom 2115, if you check out the deck plans.

I'm not sure what carts you are referring. Carts coming from the kitchen to the various food stations are well aft of stateroom 2115, if you check out the deck plans.

Take a look at the deck plan for the Lido Deck. Behind the stairwell there is a storage area and the door to it is close to the stairs. The carts roll out of there early in the morning.

Also, the carpeted area also covers the veranda. There is not as much carpet above as we thought when we booked this cabin.

This really shouldn't be a debate. You apparently are a sounder sleeper than us and we both had different experiences. I was just trying to alert the OP to potential early morning noise. For sure there would be less noise one deck down.

The sofa is always by the balcony in Sky Suites. I personally would not have switched. There is some scraping overhead but to me the benefits of the aft view without any poles blocking the view far outweighs the scraping. They do close the deck from about 10 at night until 6AM so you shouldn't have scraping between those hours.

Take a look at the deck plan for the Lido Deck. Behind the stairwell there is a storage area and the door to it is close to the stairs. The carts roll out of there early in the morning.

Also, the carpeted area also covers the veranda. There is not as much carpet above as we thought when we booked this cabin.

This really shouldn't be a debate. You apparently are a sounder sleeper than us and we both had different experiences. I was just trying to alert the OP to potential early morning noise. For sure there would be less noise one deck down.

There's also a partially uncovered balcony one deck down. It can be extremely hot out there depending on the weather and you don't have any cover to speak of from the rain either. To each his own, as you say.