Qsine???

LorraineP

We enjoyed it and plan on going back in the future.

I would suggest trying to go with a larger group. As a table of two, it's just too much food. I would also say making a reservation early in the cruise or skipping lunch and having an early dinner there may be better too. We tend to hit a brick wall and get tired of big heavy meals towards the end of the trip. I think we picked on 4-5 items and were just stuffed.

Is the food good & worth the $45?

We love it! Food serve in fun and innovative ways, love having the tapas style, we love the meatball trilogy,disco shrimp,paint the filet mignon, sliders, crabmeat something or other, so. Any favorites

Qsine is a nice experience because it is whimsical. If the menu is still the same, I highly recommend the Painter's Mignon, a nice cut of filet. I also loved the goat cheese salad. I also enjoyed the Disco Shrimp. Really all the other foods are a bit heavy. It's worth a try- but the food is not gourmet. It's fun, but they really encourage a lot of food and I would say that three items per person (other than the ones I mentioned) will be WAY to much food.

Experienced Qsine for the first time on Reflection just about a month ago. We'd prebooked the 4 dinner package and so it didn't equate to $45 pp for us, more like $32

Anyway, we thought it was fantastic, so much so we went back again and can't wait until we board Eclipse in Oct to visit again. We got the 6 dinner package in the last 72 flash sale so the visit next time will work out at around $25 pp.

We had great wait staff both times, but we never got to the 6th dish on our first visit when we had ordered

M's Favourites

Disco Shrimp (shared at staff suggestion)

Taco Royale

Taj Mahal

Persian Kebob

We cancelled the Meatball Trilogy

The 2nd time we ordered less and got to dessert, just! The Silver Bullet and Cheesecake Tini

Edited by peteukmcr

First time we went we suggested some dishes and then the waiter said he would arrange the order of delivery. Mistake, by the time the things I wanted to try came I had no room left. Stuffed on filling things!

On Eclipse, we asked for three certain things first (our favourites) then asked for him to check if we still wanted the other two....worked much better! Husband and son plodded on I waived my serviette in surrender after the fourth dish!

Here's a photo of the menu posted on Mike and Carol Priestman's website:

Baltic_Ship_IMG_9742_larger.jpg

This was taken during a 2013 cruise on the Reflection and I can't comment on whether or not the menu has changed or may be different on other ships.

We were on Reflection 2 weeks ago. Menu is still the same. We loved the Painters mignon, lam chops (chosen from Ms fav) disco shrimp, taco, and more! At first the waitress suggested spring rolls but we did not want fried food. So we told her we wanted small good quality portions and then she suggested other things. So you must make your own choices otherwise It will be the filling food[emoji6]

The filet mignon was awesome, so tender!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by harola

When Qsine began, it was a novel concept to have the menu on an iPad. Now, just about everyone and their children have iPads. Not so clever anymore but still a cute idea.

The food is very good. Lava crab is truly excellent! Going with a group of 4-6 makes for more tastings and that is the idea.

Worth $45 per person? Well, you are on vacation to have for fun and Qsine is fun. You can always get a minimum of 20% off and should be able to do 40-50% off with no problem - depending on your status - and negotiations.

Specialty dining discounts all depend on supply and demand. If they are not busy you can expect to see offers anywhere from 20 to 50% off per person. My one concern right now about onboard discounts is the recent pre-cruise deals they offered. Between the packages and the discounts specialty dining could be a bit busier in the near future.

Just don't eat before hand , light breakfast maybe....its a great experience food is lovely , service is great. My other half did a cookery session on eclipse and they learnt to do disco shrimp ! he was so excited lol

It is overwhelming to start off but take a deep breath and enjoy the experience , You will love it