Qsine???

LorraineP

Is the food good & worth the $45?

'Good' food is quite subjective... if you enjoy most Asian style of food, then you may well enjoy Qsine.

We enjoyed the experience while on Silly, even though it was a party of two, I suggest a minimum of four if possible, otherwise the food quantity and choices can be a bit overwhelming without preparation... LOL, this coming from a vegan and they did prepare a number of items for me to eat, too.

bon voyage

The waiter might suggest to just start off with 4 or maybe 5 items per couple ... probably very good advice. While there were a couple of items that I had wished were a little bigger, there is no way we could have eaten more than 4 small plates. They brought one small plate, then a long time in between that and the next plate ... so you do fill up by the time you get to that last plate...at least I was. It really took quite a long time to get through just those 4 items ... that may have been an anomaly in service and we didn't return so nothing to compare it to.

We had gotten a discount that was offered when we boarded ... otherwise, I don't think the meal was worth $45 pp. and didn't really like all the time between courses so wouldn't return again. The food was anywhere from good to one dish I would describe as really good ... but the concept just wasn't my cup of tea.

We have been to Qsine 4-5 times & never thought of the food as Asian.

We have enjoyed Qsine more when we were with a group. We tried it with just the 2 of us and although they reduced the portions in each selection we could only eat 3 choices.

Last cruise we did a group of 9 and had a blast.

We think of Qsine as tapas on steroids. There is a large menu with many different selections with something for just about any taste. It is like ordering "small plates" which often have a very interesting presentation...and you are encouraged to order as much as you please. We always leave totally stuffed. Its not for everyone...but many passengers love the place. Not sure why anyone would call it "asian food" although they do have a couple of Asian style dishes.

Hank

...everything on the menu.

There use to be a sample menu at the website, now there is a sampling of the food offered in photos.

bon voyage

Classic celebrity website. 'This page no longer exists'.

We have been to Qsine 4-5 times & never thought of the food as Asian.

We have enjoyed Qsine more when we were with a group. We tried it with just the 2 of us and although they reduced the portions in each selection we could only eat 3 choices.

Last cruise we did a group of 9 and had a blast.

I think it's more "Fusion" than Asian. We had a group of 17 last time and it was amazing. We did 8 courses (4 portion each) and ALL the desserts. :) We got a discount at $35 pp.

I would call it Tasting Menu Style Fusion World Cuisine.

Classic celebrity website. 'This page no longer exists'.

P - sorry about that, it could be a session only, you can view the photos at X's website under food and beverage them select Qsine.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

P - sorry about that, it could be a session only, you can view the photos at X's website under food and beverage them select Qsine.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Thankyou and will do. Have booked into Qsine in a couple of weeks and interested to see the menu.

Okay, okay all who would not call it 'Asian' food, I believe the only reason I called it 'Asian' is due to the fact the food they prepared for me, as a vegan, was all Asian? I do remember they had lamb lollipops with wasabi sauce and I cannot remember the rest, truth be know.

Enjoy your time and food there. Again, food is subjective for sure, to wit the discussion here thus far.

Let us know how you enjoyed it upon your return.

bon voyage

Perhaps we were there on an "off" night. The waiter handed us the laptop menu, made suggestions and had us fill in what we wanted to try. He took our "order" and proceeded to serve us what he recommended. It was good and plentiful but...we would have liked to try some of the items we had initially requested. Not sure we would go back again.

We went there three times. It was fun. The experience and the food varied, depending on the night. Generally, we thought it was pretty good and we enjoyed it. We had to watch the number of dishes, because it was just too much. Our favorites were the lava crab, spring rolls, fillet, Indian food and the desserts. We enjoyed most of the other things we tried. We always went in with an open mind, which helps.

Ohiodoglover

We been to Qsine twice. 1st time the wife and I went and the 2nd time we went with a party of 6.

1st time did not really understand the concept, filled up quickly and regretted going. Said I never return. 2nd time, reluctantly went because of group pressure. :cool: Enjoyed the group visit immensely. Understood to not fill-up on filler food and was able to sample a wider array of the menu.

Would return, but only with a group.

Here's a photo of the menu posted on Mike and Carol Priestman's website:

Baltic_Ship_IMG_9742_larger.jpg

This was taken during a 2013 cruise on the Reflection and I can't comment on whether or not the menu has changed or may be different on other ships.

This is "M's Favorites". The way they told us to order was to order anything that looks good to us. And we can tell them to stop anytime or they will just keep bringing out the food course by course. So we stopped at the 8th course which is the M's Favorites. But we went on to have 4 or 5 different desserts: handmade gelato, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate cake, and some others I forgot.

qusine.jpg.32e55df2c7fc7e5a17b0000f2e4558c5.jpg

Edited by lostchild

Perhaps we were there on an "off" night. The waiter handed us the laptop menu, made suggestions and had us fill in what we wanted to try. He took our "order" and proceeded to serve us what he recommended. It was good and plentiful but...we would have liked to try some of the items we had initially requested. Not sure we would go back again.

Very strange....indeed. We have dined (many times) at Qsine on several different ships and never had that experience. Our waiters have always been willing to make suggestions and help deal with the expansive menu...but we have never had a waiter bring us anything other then what we personally ordered. If that were to happen we would have quickly said, "we did not order that item" and asked him/her to bring us what we ordered. What happened to you is no different then going to any restaurant and having a waiter bring you something you did not order (this has happened to us a few times over the years). Its just a simple matter to say refuse those items.

Hank