Martini Bar drinks ?

FiggyWig

I had the audacity to sit there and have a Bud Light. With the premium drink package too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it freeze while sitting on the bar?

Years ago we would drink the light beers when ice fishing. We would set the beer outside of the shanty to keep cold and most of the time would have to set next to the heater to thaw as they would freeze due to the low alcohol content. We even had them freeze in the cooler filled with ice in the summer.

Drink up 🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻

I bet the Martini bar would be a really lonely place if they only made the one drink that is actually a Martini !

I never got one.. After buying two premium packages at the bar, and not really sure what to order as I hardly ever drink cocktails, I asked "Well, uh, can I have a Martini?". Nonononoo you can't do that. Wait.. And then he came up with a magic drink that was fantastic. And so were all cocktails the rest of my cruise. No need for a card anymore, all (I think 5 or so) bartenders knew my last name.

A year later, same Silhouette for which it was also more than 100,000 passengers later, same bartender. Hi Amazed, welcome back to the ship! Hugs. Let me make you this one. Those are the experiences that explain my username :D

I bet the Martini bar would be a really lonely place if they only made the one drink that is actually a Martini !

LOL. That is also a pet peeve; any concoction served in a cocktail glass becomes a "Blah Blah Martini".

Gin. Vermouth. Olives are traditional but I can make a case for a lemon peel twist as a garnish. Stirred, not shaken.

Heavenly if made properly. Ghastly if not. Demanding, but rewarding. An excellent metaphor for a life well lived.

Is it 5 o'clock yet?!? ;)

It amazes me how these folks remember passenger names, let alone drink preferences. Just off the Equinox Sunday. I’m not exactly a “ cruise regular”but after two days it felt like everyone new my name and what I liked. Totally impressed, and great customer service.

I was reading all the commentary and had to laugh when I think about this experience.

Sitting at the Martini Bar last week, I was asked “ what are you drinking?”, by a somewhat intoxicated ( even more than I) patron.

A Martini says I. “What kind of Martini”, says my new friend?.Well I explain, a Martini is 5 parts gin ( never Vodka), one part vermouth ,always stirred, never shaken, and finally garnished with a lemon twist or cocktail olives. Et Voila ! A Martini.

Sounds like crap he says and wanders off, chocolatey something firmly entrenched in his hand !

Edited by grimace95120
spelling

LOL. That is also a pet peeve; any concoction served in a cocktail glass becomes a "Blah Blah Martini".

.Is it 5 o'clock yet?!? ;)

Years ago Van Gogh Vodka had a app that had the recipes for 13,000 martinis.

Looking thru them I seen a orange juice Martini.

1 oz vodka

3 oz orange juice

Pour into a martini glass. Garnish with orange slice

Sounds like a screwdriver to me.

Whiskey Martini

2 oz whiskey

1 oz sweet vermouth

Dash of bitters.

Pour into a Martini glass and garnish with a cherry

Sounds like a Manhattan.

It was basically the same for the rest of the drinks. Make a drink, pour it into a Martini glass and it becomes a Martini. Great scam for the bars as the price increases at least $5.00 because it is called a Martini.

Drink up 🍹🍸🍷🍺🍻

A year later, same Silhouette for which it was also more than 100,000 passengers later, same bartender. Hi Amazed, welcome back to the ship! Hugs. Let me make you this one. Those are the experiences that explain my username :D

I also use to think how amazing it was for BTs in Vegas and on cruise ships to remember me but after thinking about it I realized it wasn’t that amazing. I spend more time with them than I do with many family members and friends.

There aren’t too many of my friends or family members that I will spend 4 to 8 hours a day with for 4 to 14 days in a row. But it is still a nice feeling when you are recognized.

Drink up 🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻

I also use to think how amazing it was for BTs in Vegas and on cruise ships to remember me but after thinking about it I realized it wasn’t that amazing. I spend more time with them than I do with many family members and friends.

There aren’t too many of my friends or family members that I will spend 4 to 8 hours a day with for 4 to 14 days in a row. But it is still a nice feeling when you are recognized.

Drink up 🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻

"My name is actually pronounced with a J but not the Spanish one like in Juan, more like the one in John, btw did you say you were from the Phillipines? "Peter" is not a very common name there is it? Listen, my neighbour's son went on vacation to the Phillipines, or maybe it was Bali, just last year, and he said the weather was fantastic!"

It would need a world cruise to have conversations with a bartender similar to the ones I have with friends. Then again, I'd like some of them to be actual friends.

DH is looking forward to returning to the Martini Bar on Celebrity. Loves his martinis there! He has a hard time finding someone in our area or even on most other cruiseships for that matter to make his favorite, "just a little dry and a little dirty". My friends think he's a pain in the neck because he's so fussy about how he gets his martinis and numerous times asks the bartenders to redo them.

The drinks are exceptional and if you request a drink with an ingredient they don't normally carry, they will try and get it and have it each night. In our case it was jalapeño.

They will custom mix anything you ask for.

They have the designation of "flair bartender" and they routinely put on "shows" each day.

In addition to the Flair designation, I believe they select bartenders that are very outgoing and personable.

All in all, a very fun bar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The martini bar is the most fun place on the ship. We drink wine and would go there every evening, on our March Eclipse cruise, for the entertainment. The bartenders were amazing!

a373e8d22c12bc230a4ad0fea18be1bd.jpg

DH is looking forward to returning to the Martini Bar on Celebrity. Loves his martinis there! He has a hard time finding someone in our area or even on most other cruiseships for that matter to make his favorite, "just a little dry and a little dirty". My friends think he's a pain in the neck because he's so fussy about how he gets his martinis and numerous times asks the bartenders to redo them.

Agreed!!!!

The martini bar is the most fun place on the ship. We drink wine and would go there every evening, on our March Eclipse cruise, for the entertainment. The bartenders were amazing!

a373e8d22c12bc230a4ad0fea18be1bd.jpg

Were you watching the time he uncapped the bottom one with his teeth and chugged the bottle? If that wasn’t impressive enough he then spit out the bottle cap and it flew over the top bottle and he caught it in a martini glass

😱👏

I think he made a lot in TIPS that night.

Drink up 🍹🍸🍷🍺🍻

Were you watching the time he uncapped the bottom one with his teeth and chugged the bottle? If that wasn’t impressive enough he then spit out the bottle cap and it flew over the top bottle and he caught it in a martini glass

[emoji33][emoji122]

I think he made a lot in TIPS that night.

Drink up [emoji484][emoji483][emoji485][emoji481][emoji482]

Guess I missed that one![emoji4]