Breakaway Studio - Cabin choice?

Kryssa

Hi, I would ask in the solo section as well but can tell you the following for when I stayed on the Epic (I upgraded when I was on the Breakaway the week before). The connecting rooms (shown by arrows) could be nosier as there is less space in between (note, of course they only connect for friends the go together and request it). Also, sometimes if there is a space in between rooms it could be a crew area or something with the ship etc... Were there any particular ones you were considering?

In addition to avoiding connecting solo cabins, I would also avoid the ones closest to the entrance to the studio area... The door opening and closing at all hours of the day and night can be annoying...

I would avoid connecting and near the lounge. I was in a connecting studio right near the lounge door, and it was definitely a little louder than I'd have liked. For my next cruise, I made a point of picking on farther away from the lounge entrance.

It's funny - I was in 10523 which is the furthest non-connecting from the lounge. There is an exit at that end of the hall where there is an interior corridor and I could hear kids running up & down that hall. Also the sound of water rushing by - not sure if that is a regular thing or if the person in the cabin behind mine was sick and in the bathroom the whole trip but that woke me up. For my next trip I picked closer to the lounge & entrance. I'll report back after I sail.

Hi, I would ask in the solo section as well but can tell you the following for when I stayed on the Epic (I upgraded when I was on the Breakaway the week before). The connecting rooms (shown by arrows) could be nosier as there is less space in between (note, of course they only connect for friends the go together and request it). Also, sometimes if there is a space in between rooms it could be a crew area or something with the ship etc... Were there any particular ones you were considering?

I would second both of these things. I made friends with someone who had a connecting room and you could hear their TV clear as day one evening as we were meeting up for dinner. I was in 11541, and the blank space was a steward's closet. It got so noisy one morning that the woman in the cabin below mine took the time to come up, figure out which stateroom she was under, and then call me (and wake me out of a dead sleep) to tell me to stop stomping around so much. Other than that morning noise though, that end of the hallway was good on pedestrian noise and such.

I would second both of these things. I made friends with someone who had a connecting room and you could hear their TV clear as day one evening as we were meeting up for dinner. I was in 11541, and the blank space was a steward's closet. It got so noisy one morning that the woman in the cabin below mine took the time to come up, figure out which stateroom she was under, and then call me (and wake me out of a dead sleep) to tell me to stop stomping around so much. Other than that morning noise though, that end of the hallway was good on pedestrian noise and such.

That was very rude of that woman to bother you! I did sign up for 12573 on my Escape cruises next year, as any one stayed in them? For anyone on the Epic I was in 12513 and it was very good. The one thing I did learn though was to remove the hangers from the closet as they would make noises if the ship had greater movement. I also wear earplugs and play some soft music when possible to guard against any fluctuations in noise