concierge embarkation lunch?

39august

On 6/29/2017 at 4:46 PM, ano said:

I suspect if Celerity provided Concierge guests with just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich which was unavailable to everyone else, there would still be people raving about how fabulous it is to eat this wonderful peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This is human nature. The fact is, during every other cruise day there is a better lunch in the dinning room that all can attend, and on embarkation day, the lunch in the buffet has a much wider selection than this lunch. But if you feel you must "get your money's worth" for what you paid for (my wife falls into that group) by all means, the Concierge lunch is for you.

We have only sailed Concierge once, and we did attend the lunch.  The menu wasn't quite as limited as some I've seen posted (there are 5 people in our party and IIRC everyone had a different entree although I could be misremembering... I know one option was chicken and another was short ribs...)

It had nothing to do with "getting our money's worth".  We liked it because we had gotten up at the crack of dawn to fly from the Midwest to Fort Lauderdale with two small children.  Everyone was tired.  Fighting the buffet sounded like a terrible start to the cruise.  Actually, the lunch was one of the things that swayed us towards Concierge for that particular cruise.

Was the menu fabulous? Not really.  Was the service far more amazing than anywhere else on the ship? No, although it was very good (the waiter was very helpful and understanding with the kids and even cut my son's chicken for him).  Do I feel more special than the rest of the cruisers?  No.  It was just a particular convenience that was really helpful for us and suited our needs.

I hate starting the cruise off fighting the buffet crowds.  If it's just me and my husband, fine, but with the kids it's just too crazy.