Ncl vs royal vs celebrity

taylortime05

• 8 months later...
I picked Celebrity because of the ship size. I had a reserve. on NCL but the mega ship thing turned me off. That and stories of 2 hour waits in the dining room.

IMHO it really is what you are looking for; what I like may not be what others like. I agree with the posters that say they are more alike that different.

For example, I have no interest in the pool and the area around it, which IMO is pretty equal on all cruise lines so it doesn't matter to me.

I find the passengers on Celebrity older and I would describe Princess as 'vanilla'; nothing extra ordinary.

Food on all of the cruise lines had good and bad things; IMO, one is not better than the other.

I book all cruise lines if it works for me with cost, time and itinerary. Sometimes you have to let one thing go to get another.

That said, never had a bad day on a cruise!!!:D:D:D

Safe cruising!!

Between NCL, Royal and Celebrity

Which is your favorite cruise line & why?

Which is your least favorite cruise line & why?

Which is your favorite ship on each cruise line & why?

I've sailed on Royal Allure & Oasis and Celebrity Eclipse. I'm sailing on NCL Escape in November. I loved all 3 cruises but the Allure & Oasis have the edge over Eclipse because I enjoyed the entertainment much more on Allure & Oasis. All 3 ships were beautiful but Allure & Oasis had the promenade and Central Park.

I will post this on the 3 sites.

Celebrity is a step above in all ways. Royal nickel and dimes everywhere and NCL is just a crowded hot mess.

Royal’s ships are cool but why would I want to go to a shopping mall at sea when I don’t even like shopping malls on land?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. For me the only plus with RCL is if you have younger cruisers with you and are interested in flow riders, discos to comedy clubs, ice rinks etc. I find that if you like the availability of quiet areas like solarium, spa cafe, sunset lounge, places with unobtrusive relaxing music where you can sit and read or people watch, Celebrity wins for me. It depends on what you like. It’s not always an older v younger argument either. A lot of younger people- maybe couples travelling without children - enjoy a more sedate experience too. Just my opinion... Horses for courses.

I’m surprised at all of the pro-Celebrity responses. We’ve really enjoyed our last 2 cruises on X and I would favor them also. We’re also much younger than most X cruisers. I found the overall experience from NCL much so different. NCL being family centered/younger crowd and constant activity to what is pretty much the opposite on Celebrity. I would consider RC and NCL pretty much even. I find Celebrity and NCL end up being an overall better value than RC once you take everything into consideration. Maybe it’s just the itineraries we typically do, but RC becomes considerably more expensive.

We did think the Escape was extremely crowded and I didn’t like having to book things in advance so that is holding me back from going on NCL again. I think having Vibe access for our first cruise ruined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums