Vista Spa Cabins

MistyRo76

I've been keeping my eye on the remaining available cabins on our upcoming November Vista cruise because 1) I'm nosy and like to know what's going on :) and 2) we have other family considering booking but haven't done so yet. As of today, there are about 90 cabins showing available. Almost half of the available cabins are Cloud 9 Spa Cabins. It seems the Spa cabins are the worst selling cabins on the ship. The other remaining cabins are regular interiors, a few Family Harbor cabins, a few non-spa balconies, and a handful of suites.

My question is why do the spa cabins seem to be selling so poorly on the Vista? I've read comments about the Spa not being as big (esp. the Thalassotherapy pool) and nice as Cloud 9 Spas on other newer ships. Or do you think that people are just leaning more toward booking the other new cabin types available on the Vista like Family Harbor and Havana cabins? Maybe my sailing is an anomaly...but seeing this just got me thinking. If it is indicative of a trend, I wonder how this might change what Carnival does on the next builds.

Nothing wrong with the spa cabins but the spa itself is somewhat of a disappointment.......there are more steam rooms than the other ships that have Cloud 9, but that's not my thing. The Thalassotherapy pool is not as good or as large as on the Dream-class ships (and there are no shoulder massage faucets, etc), and it's in the same room as the heated loungers; it's just not as peaceful.

I am done with the Vista class, IMO it's poorly designed in many ways......one in particular is all of the obstructing beams; other ship designs seem to incorporate the support beams into the design in a way that doesn't obstruct views. The theater is a bit odd as well but I didn't spend much time there.