Drinks Package - UK prices

GE65

Hi,

Not sailing for 3 months but keeping an eye on Ultimate Drinks package price.

I know that I can order now, cancel and re-book before the cruise if a cheaper deal comes along, but I wonder how the current price compares?

The current offer for me is £33 (UK£) per day, is this the rack rate or is this already discounted?

What would be a good offer to 'wait' for?

Thanks you.

Thank you.

$55 is currently about £42 - so £33 is already a decent discount.

Also bear in mind that on US based cruises, 18% is added to that price, so the real total cost would be about $65. I believe the Cruise Planner on UK based cruises already includs the 18%.

My Cruise Planner (UK)for the end of July shows £33.88 but once selected 18% gratuity is added which makes it £39.97 per day.

Same here.

Dilema of not many days at sea vs high drinks prices onboard (+tip) - works out approx 5 drinks a day to break even.

Thank you again - no, UK planner also adds 18% when you go to checkout :(

So in reality my total price currently is £39.90 = $51.67

My Cruise Planner (UK)for the end of July shows £33.88 but once selected 18% gratuity is added which makes it £39.97 per day.

Thanks for the updated info, I'm surprised about that. I thought it was some sort of law in the UK that prices shown must include all taxes, fees, etc. I know that once onboard, the drink prices on UK based cruises do include the gratuity.

Thanks for the updated info, I'm surprised about that. I thought it was some sort of law in the UK that prices shown must include all taxes, fees, etc. I know that once onboard, the drink prices on UK based cruises do include the gratuity.

Price on drinks package page is £33.88 per day - once you go to checkout you see this (photo) that comes to a total of £39.90 per day.

I thought the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just experimented with a couple of my bookings - a UK trip from Southampton on Indy this October does NOT add a service charge at check out. But a Liberty trip from Galveston next May did.

This matches what they do with on board drink prices - sail from UK and the service is already included in the price, but elsewhere it's not.

Our cruise on independence from Southampton in September is £41.80 a day for deluxe package but nothing extra added at check out so includes grautuities .

Ditto. We may be on the same cruise, Sep 2? Luckily the Deluxe Package came with the booking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newbie here, but I also believe ex UK sailings is all in as it is illegal to add extras on top. Our sailing is £41.80 per day all in.

Sad as I am, I built a spreadsheet to calculate if the package was worth it, using prices from a CC NoS review earlier this month - thanks for posting the menus. I reckoned for a sea day, on two diet cokes ($8), a squeezed orange juice ($4), three beers ($27), 1 cocktail ($12) & 1 short ($12) per day, + bottled water, I would get my money back allowing for less consumption on port days.

Obviously drinking habits are your own and either a bargain or very expensive.

Newbie here, but I also believe ex UK sailings is all in as it is illegal to add extras on top. Our sailing is £41.80 per day all in.

Sad as I am, I built a spreadsheet to calculate if the package was worth it, using prices from a CC NoS review earlier this month - thanks for posting the menus. I reckoned for a sea day, on two diet cokes ($8), a squeezed orange juice ($4), three beers ($27), 1 cocktail ($12) & 1 short ($12) per day, + bottled water, I would get my money back allowing for less consumption on port days.

Obviously drinking habits are your own and either a bargain or very expensive.

I think your calculations are pretty spot on. For those liking more cocktails, wines and spirits the package normally kicks in around 4+drinks.

Ditto. We may be on the same cruise, Sep 2? Luckily the Deluxe Package came with the booking.

Nope sorry to say but we are on September 30th sailing , and unlucky for us ours doesn't come with anything :(

Just had an email for up to 30% discount on purchases but the drinks packages hasn't changed.

Internet and some excursions are cheaper though.

Just had an email for up to 30% discount on purchases but the drinks packages hasn't changed.

Yes that offer is showing in my reservation but again doesn't apply to the drinks package price.

Hi,

Not sailing for 3 months but keeping an eye on Ultimate Drinks package price.

I know that I can order now, cancel and re-book before the cruise if a cheaper deal comes along, but I wonder how the current price compares?

The current offer for me is £33 (UK£) per day, is this the rack rate or is this already discounted?

What would be a good offer to 'wait' for?

Thanks you.

On Navigator this week the UK dollar price ( gratuities included in uk sailings) for the deluxe drinks package was $65 which is £51 (£=$1.27) so £33 is a good deal.

I got the same email and prices are still all the same, maybe because i'm booked through an AUS TA and all the prices are in AUS $.