Canadian Cruisers - Canada Day $150OBC Bonus

jenng1976

Well you can add me to the list of Happy Canucks!

I spoke to an agent at the Princess 1-800 number and he offered to check with a supervisor and one minute later came back to tell me the credit was added. This is a 10-day Mexico in late September 2017 that I booked on June 29. I booked it on the Princess website and I saw absolutely no mention at that time of this promotion. I got $100 OBC for an inside cabin. I also have some mystery $15 OBC that suddenly appeared and the agent couldn't explain (but I'll take it!) and will also receive $25 Elite loyalty credit for cruise #23. That gives me $140 total. Margharita, Margharita!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to the OP for putting up this thread!!!

I did not know of this offer before making our final payment last week on an October 17 sailing, but was pleased to see it on our final invoice and Personalizer after payment, and before seeing this thread for the first time

Stricly speaking, based on disclaimers I have seen, we did not qualify; our agent told me that "since you made your final payment during the promo period, you qualified"

Again, this is our experience and it seems to be all over the board in terms of who qualified, and who did not.

I sometimes think that cruise pricing is up there with telecommunications and energy in terms of complexity.

Our Ta also got a no. Some people called princess directly. As this ends tomorrow. What are the "magic words". For $150 usd, i can try to make the call.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

thank you,

We called Princess today......... they said they had to call our TA..........

surprise........ surprise............ got this email from TA shortly after

"Hello ,

I just got a call from Customer Relations with Princess. They apologized that the agents that I have spoken with gave me misinformation and they have added on $100 OBC to your reservation for the Canada Day offer. I apologize for any confusion or inconveniences, I am glad that we were able to have this added!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you."

Yes. There are confusions. For the April 2018 Japan to Vancouver sailing, on Friday, Princess rep told my TA that they will honor the $100 for inside. Today, 2 Princess reps told my TA that the April 2018 sailing is not eligible. So, no $100 OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tried both through Princess directly and through my TA. No go Final answer ... would have to rebook today and risk losing prior promos and our cabins. Our cabin categories are sold out on two of the Cruises we've got booked. Hard pill to swallow but in the end, its not worth the risk of having to change from a mini-suite to oceanview.

Does anyone happen to know what The Promo ID is? Or willing to share a booking number with the promo applied? If so, can you email me thisfoxkitchen (at) gmail (dot) com?

On Expedia website it say promo I'd is 18465, but I'm not sure if that's a princess code or Expedia code. Give it a try

Tried both through Princess directly and through my TA. No go Final answer ... would have to rebook today and risk losing prior promos and our cabins. Our cabin categories are sold out on two of the Cruises we've got booked. Hard pill to swallow but in the end, its not worth the risk of having to change from a mini-suite to oceanview.

I was able to get this credit tonight without having to rebook. I guess it depends on whom you speak to. Your travel agent should try again.

On Expedia website it say promo I'd is 18465, but I'm not sure if that's a princess code or Expedia code. Give it a try

Tried that promo code and was told it's definitely not a Princess Promo Code 🙁

I was able to get this credit tonight without having to rebook. I guess it depends on whom you speak to. Your travel agent should try again.

Thanks for the suggestions Carla3 and emairs. Much appreciated! It kinda feels like a lottery. I just don't have a winning ticket.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone waiting and waiting and waiting. Both Costcotravel (TA) and Princess were experiencing high call volumes today. I'm afraid I'm done on this one 🙃

It depends on what promotion you booked under.

If it was the Expedia 1 day sale it's not combinable

Not true. It was combinable with the one day sale, and no one needed to be re-booked in order to get this obc.

I,too,was out of luck. I called Princess today,waited forever, then was told that because I booked my October 2017 cruise with VTG (internet travel agency),I do not qualify.I asked to speak to the supervisor, the agent refused. Said it is their policy and THAT'S IT! I had no energy to argue any longer. Oh well....:')