Canadian Cruisers - Canada Day $150OBC Bonus

jenng1976

Hi everyone,

My apologies if someone had already posted this - I searched but didn't see it listed.

Anyway, I saw a Princess Facebook post that advertised $150 in OBC to celebrate Canada's 150 celebration! It's combinable with Sip & Sail and the Red, White, and Blue sale. I emailed my PVP (sorry, forgot what they call them here!) and she added it to our booking!

Can't turn down free money! That will almost pay the grats on our 6 day wine coastal next year.

Hope some others can take advantage too! :)

Celebrate Canada Day with Princess Cruises! In addition to great offers during Red, White + Blue Sale and Sip + Sail, our Canadian guests can get up to $150 USD FREE onboard spending money per stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It came up as a suggested post on Facebook ... they don't have it listed on their page that I could find either. I copied/pasted the exact wording.

Also - if you do a mock booking all the way through to the end on their website, the promo came up there for me too.

I just did a mock booking of our cruise and it is showing this promo. I'll be calling our PVP today to have it added. Thank you so much for posting this. $150.00 is a great OBC!

That's great - I'm glad you will be able to take advantage too! I thought it was a terrific deal as well - especially with Sip and Sail too!

Jenn

I just did a mock booking of our cruise and it is showing this promo. I'll be calling our PVP today to have it added. Thank you so much for posting this. $150.00 is a great OBC!

Thanks for the information. I have sent the request to our TA to see if she can get these added to our bookings.

denise

So I tried to jump on this offer, however spoke to Princess and they insist the deal is only applicable for bookings made between June 28 and July 5. Since I booked in May, I would need to cancel and rebook (I too have the sip and sail promotion). However I also booked under the $1 deposit, and if I cancelled to rebook I would need to pay the higher deposit. Given I have Med 4 cruises booked (still trying to decide which one to take), I don't really want to have to change the deposit. If we knew which one to settle on, I think it would be a no brainer.

Good luck to everyone else - thanks to jenng1976 for posting the promotion.

So I tried to jump on this offer, however spoke to Princess and they insist the deal is only applicable for bookings made between June 28 and July 5. Since I booked in May, I would need to cancel and rebook (I too have the sip and sail promotion). However I also booked under the $1 deposit, and if I cancelled to rebook I would need to pay the higher deposit. Given I have Med 4 cruises booked (still trying to decide which one to take), I don't really want to have to change the deposit. If we knew which one to settle on, I think it would be a no brainer.

Good luck to everyone else - thanks to jenng1976 for posting the promotion.

Try again - I booked before those dates and had it added. So have others.

Celebrate Canada Day with Princess Cruises! In addition to great offers during Red, White + Blue Sale and Sip + Sail, our Canadian guests can get up to $150 USD FREE onboard spending money per stateroom.

Thanks so much!! I just called Princess and they gave us the OBC after a little checking to find the promotion! I really appreciate your "heads up" on this, enjoy Canada Day!

Fellow Canadians. Talked to Princess and was advised that this is supposed to apply to "New" bookings of seven days or more. Was also told to contact my travel agent and ask them to ask for a Princess supervisor to see if it could be applied to already booked trips. Was able to get credit for five cruises booked through to October 2018.

Make the call!

Fellow Canadians. Talked to Princess and was advised that this is supposed to apply to "New" bookings of seven days or more. Was also told to contact my travel agent and ask them to ask for a Princess supervisor to see if it could be applied to already booked trips. Was able to get credit for five cruises booked through to October 2018.

Make the call!

I just heard back from my PVP and the promo was added to my booking along with the SipnSail and $1.00 deposit. I booked this cruise the day of the $1.00 deposit promo then added the SipnSail promo last week and now the Canada Day $150.00. No increase in price, no cancellation and rebooking required. My PVP was aware of the promo and sent me an email with the info. Pays to book directly with a PVP as it seems they're on top of the the promos when they become available.

Make the call!

When did you actually book the 5 cruises that you got the credit for?

Thanks for the info, I've contacted my PVP to see if I can get it added, hopefully will hear back soon. I have 2 cruises, Alaska in September B2B with a Panama Canal Full Transit right after. The panama canal cruise was booked back in October on the 3 for free sale so it may not qualify. The Alaska one however was booked on the $1 deposit day so I'm hoping that it will qualify since it seems others here have managed to add it to their cruises booked on the same day.

Here's hoping, either way thanks again for the heads up.

The panama canal cruise was booked back in October on the 3 for free sale so it may not qualify. Here's hoping, either way thanks again for the heads up.

That's what I'm wondering as well. Waiting to hear from my T.A. Has anyone had it applied to a "3 for Free" cruise?

That's what I'm wondering as well. Waiting to hear from my T.A. Has anyone had it applied to a "3 for Free" cruise?

I'll post here when I hear back, whenever that may be. Sometimes I have trouble getting a hold of my PVP and he seems to be anti-email which is my preferred method of communication.

I got it applied to a 2016 Sip and Sail booking for Oct 2017.

They wouldn't apply it to a booking made in April 2017 that was not done under any particular sale.

Heard back from one of my T.A.s and we got the extra $100 OBC (inside cabins just get $100) for our January 2019 cruise. Thanks OP!

The other T.A. is still finding out about the 3 for Free cruise in 2018. That one looks doubtful, but we've already lucked out with $300 OBC on that one. :)

As an Update I was just able to talk with my PVP and was able to get the $150 OBC on both my Alaska Cruised booked May 21 and my Panama Cruise booked October 12, 2016. The cruises are B2B in September.

Talked to TA who spoke with Princess rep and their supervisor and we were given the credit. It is actually US$75.00 person making it a total of US$150.00 for the cabin. Sailing Nov. 2017 trans-canal. Thanks to OP for this information.