Information needed

wannago30

Hi All,

I need some information about cruise insurance and the possibility of canceling :(. My fiancé is facing possible surgery today and we are set to sail on 7/15/17. I bought travel insurance through Norwegian. My questions are:

Can one person in the cabin cancel, while the other one goes? If that's possible do they reimburse for half?

If we both cancel do they reimburse how we paid our through cruise credit.

I appreciate any answers anyone may have, thanks in advance.

I think you're going to need to make a phone call. It depends on the terms of the insurance you purchased.

As far as refunding half and letting one person sail, I suspect that's highly unlikely. When you sail solo--unless you find a deal that waives the single supplement--you typically pay 200%. Meaning, you pay for two people in the cabin even if you're solo.

About a month ago someone posted the same question. I don't know if you have the same insurance that they did but they could not sail alone without paying the single supplement.You probably need to call.

If you don't make a claim on the insurance and you do go alone, just have your BF be a no show. There will be no additional supplement, as the cruise was booked for 2 people, so technically if one doesn't go the 200% has already been charged. You might even get a bit of the port charges back.

If you don't make a claim on the insurance and you do go alone, just have your BF be a no show. There will be no additional supplement, as the cruise was booked for 2 people, so technically if one doesn't go the 200% has already been charged. You might even get a bit of the port charges back.

I asked about this with a 3rd party insurance I use and atleast the policy I had would cover the part of the fair for those who could not make it. Just need to read the find print

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Depending on the policy, insurance considers the people you're going with as "travel companions." If your travel companion cancels, you can (again, depending on the policy), cancel both parties, or one party can cancel, and the other can still go. If they allow that, then the policy would cover any additional costs involved with the cancellation of one party (and their fare becoming a penalty rather than a cruise fare), so they'd cover the cost for a single to sail.

It's important to remember that if your boyfriend needs surgery, and his medical condition occurred after you purchased the insurance, or you purchased within the window to provide the pre-existing condition waiver, it will most likely be considered a "covered reason" for cancellation.

You need to read the information provided to you when you bought your insurance to determine what is covered and what they will pay.

I hope your boyfriend feels better soon.

Hi All,

I need some information about cruise insurance and the possibility of canceling :(. My fiancé is facing possible surgery today and we are set to sail on 7/15/17. ...

Can one person in the cabin cancel, while the other one goes?....

I can not answer the insurance, but I will tell you this. Your fiancé maybe become your ex-fiancé if you go on the cruise without her.

And, when you do get into an argument later about this, the following will not hold any water. None. Zip. Zilch. "But, you told me to go. In fact you insisted I go without you."

I can not answer the insurance, but I will tell you this. Your fiancé maybe become your ex-fiancé if you go on the cruise without her.

And, when you do get into an argument later about this, the following will not hold any water. None. Zip. Zilch. "But, you told me to go. In fact you insisted I go without you."

Sage advice. :)

:'):') It was an option he asked that I explore. Luckily they were able to do the surgery laparoscopically and he will be recovered enough to attend. So thankful I won't have to cancel, this is a much needed vacation for both of us.