Next Cruise deposits

What are the current deposits for booking on board?

The photo that I have linked is no longer available. See if you can read this attachment.

1459979388_RCIOBCandTERMS.jpg.b8a560531e3407693963a1e1ea4acc9e.jpg

Edited by clarea

Thanks Bob this helps a lot. So if I take the OBC on the next cruise instead of this cruise,the deposit is still refundable.

How come nobody mentions that?

Yes, (even though I'm not Bob)...and a reason why to never take it for the cruise you're on...Actually I personally would never ask for the refund but would just continue to move the booking.

Many mention this all the time ;)

Thanks Bob this helps a lot. So if I take the OBC on the next cruise instead of this cruise,the deposit is still refundable.

Also, we've had some cruise sales people who seemed resistant to giving us the OBC on the future cruise. One even told us it was not possible. I had to request to speak to the supervisor. So if that's what you want, you may have to insist on it.

Also, we've had some cruise sales people who seemed resistant to giving us the OBC on the future cruise. One even told us it was not possible. I had to request to speak to the supervisor. So if that's what you want, you may have to insist on it.

Our experience as well, the resistance that is. Was before the NRD though.

Ashland, thanks for confirming. This was the first time that I understood that 'it's different' if the OBC is applied in the traditional (next cruise) way, the noise over NRD must be drowning out the fine print.

If you are booking a non refundable rate on board I would now take the instant OBC. That way if you have to cancel you will really not be out any money.

I think RCL will realize this shortly and something will change

Yes, (even though I'm not Bob)...and a reason why to never take it for the cruise you're on...Actually I personally would never ask for the refund but would just continue to move the booking.

I take the credit on the current cruise!! You can still move the cruise date around (I've done it twice) and if for some reason you decide you hate cruising, or you're boycotting royal Caribbean, and want to cancel the whole booking, yeah, it's "non-refundable" because you already took the refund in the form of OBC that you used on that other cruise.

Basically when you take the OBC on the current cruise, you have a future cruise holder for free- because you already got the money back for it, so no worries about forgetting you had the booking or deciding you hate cruising and getting your money back. You've already used it, no worries. Why pay $100 (or $50 in my case) and then leave it sitting out there for years and years? I'd take it now, every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take the credit on the current cruise!! You can still move the cruise date around (I've done it twice) and if for some reason you decide you hate cruising, or you're boycotting royal Caribbean, and want to cancel the whole booking, yeah, it's "non-refundable" because you already took the refund in the form of OBC that you used on that other cruise.

Basically when you take the OBC on the current cruise, you have a future cruise holder for free- because you already got the money back for it, so no worries about forgetting you had the booking or deciding you hate cruising and getting your money back. You've already used it, no worries. Why pay $100 (or $50 in my case) and then leave it sitting out there for years and years? I'd take it now, every time.

I just don't understand why people don't get this. There is no loss of money here if canceled or moved. You are out zero dollars. Like this poster said its like booking a cruise with no deposit, plain and simple.

Actually, taking the credit for the cruise you are on can be for all practical purposes the same as getting a new reservation without having to make a deposit at all. Most of my cruises are 7-night cruises either in balcony rooms or in junior suites so the deposit for an on-board booking is only $100. I never prepay my wife's and my gratuities so they become part of my onboard account. Then, when I reserve my next cruise on board, the $100 deposit just gets applied against the gratuities which I would pay anyway. In effect, I have a new reservation without having to make a deposit at all.

I just don't understand why people don't get this. There is no loss of money here if canceled or moved. You are out zero dollars. Like this poster said its like booking a cruise with no deposit, plain and simple.

Actually, taking the credit for the cruise you are on can be for all practical purposes the same as getting a new reservation without having to make a deposit at all. Most of my cruises are 7-night cruises either in balcony rooms or in junior suites so the deposit for an on-board booking is only $100. I never prepay my wife's and my gratuities so they become part of my onboard account. Then, when I reserve my next cruise on board, the $100 deposit just gets applied against the gratuities which I would pay anyway. In effect, I have a new reservation without having to make a deposit at all.

Exactly!! I see no reason at all to choose the "wait til next year (or two)" to get benefit of the $100 deposit. I'll take that today, and hold that future cruise for free, thanks.

Bingo!!! :)