Escape B1 vs M6

thatjoeguy

Hey all. We're planning to book the Escape to Bermuda this coming spring when she comes up to NYC. It'll be me, DH, and our then 18 month old kiddo. Since I wanted a bit of room for him to play, we're debating between the B1 and the M6. I know the M6 balconies are 124 sq and the B1 balcony sizes are...variable. What are people's thoughts on one cabin vs the other? Thanks!

I'd take a good B1 over the M6. The M6 is more consistent in large balcony size but I prefer the view, privacy, and smoother ride of the B1.

The thought of things like drinks, cigarettes, used condoms, etc. (rare but possible) falling onto my balcony is a negative for the M6. A few drops of soot (rare but possible) on the B1 is no problem. Careful selection of B1 deck can handle the noise issues from above.

Or I could suggest a consistently sized large balcony, the B6. It's located one deck up from the M6s and has a 70 sq foot balcony that we enjoyed. Of course we had balcony envy looking down on the M6s. Another thing to think of is location. We've been Aft and it seems like they are much further away from everything. The B6 was just one deck down to the Waterfront and all the great venues there. Which also means the M6s are very close to those great venues, but buffered by cabins in between.

But then, thinking about these cabins with a toddler, won't you want a cabin with a bathtub? B1s and B6s have showers. Whatever you choose, you will love the Escape! Have a great cruise:D

But then, thinking about these cabins with a toddler, won't you want a cabin with a bathtub? B1s and B6s have showers. Whatever you choose, you will love the Escape! Have a great cruise:D

The M6 has a shower as well ( as far as I can tell) which we both prefer, and the kiddo prefers showers to baths, at this point in life. Besides, part of the reason for the large balcony is to set up his inflatable tub, so we can always do baths out there I suppose, or on the floor of the shower.

The M6 has a shower as well ( as far as I can tell) which we both prefer, and the kiddo prefers showers to baths, at this point in life. Besides, part of the reason for the large balcony is to set up his inflatable tub, so we can always do baths out there I suppose, or on the floor of the shower.

That sounds like a good (and fun!) plan. You might want the M6 for the larger shower floor space but out on either cabins balcony will have lots of room too :cool:

That sounds like a good (and fun!) plan. You might want the M6 for the larger shower floor space but out on either cabins balcony will have lots of room too :cool:

I hope it works out! We're trying to get some other friends of ours with similar aged kids to join us, so we may also be using the balcony for a larger play area.