Check your final payment amount

just wanted you to know what just happened to me. I just went to pay my balance on my September 30th harmony of the seas cruise. I knew my balance and told the guy I just want to pay it off. So he says you owe $2400.00. I said WHAT? I said that amount is wrong. He says that's what my computer says. I told him I booked in May and got the wow sale with 30% off. He says I'm seeing the wow but not the 30%. I said can you get a supervisor. He said yes but she's on the phone can u wait. I said yes.

In the meantime we are talking and he says didn't u get an email about paying your balance? I said no. My confirmation says July 2. He says did u buy any packages? I said I did. One beverage with voom. Last week. So finally the supervisor gets on and says I don't know what happened. Something kicked out the 30%. And it has happened to a few people. So they had to go in and fix it. I asked if they showed the beverage & internet purchase. They did.

So everything is good. But wanted to let everyone know to check your final balance. So u can avoid the shock that I just had this morning.

Wow, their system "kicked out" the 30% discount, how unusual!:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear this still happens. I'd love to hear of a few instances when people had to pay less than they expected.

Not the same but the final payment was wrong. Seems after making a final payment for a Nov2017 cruise that the email verification sent to me still showed a balance. What...? Turns out the system recharged us for the drink package. I asked to be sent a "0.0" balance sheet but they couldn't do it. They said they could see the 0 balance in the system but couldn't email it. Luckily I'm paying ahead of the final date so I have some time to get a 0 balance copy. If I can't that's another story at a later time! Just a reminder to always check and get copies!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was such a shock! And I made reservations for 3 rooms. We are linked in the system. We all have balcony rooms. We all got the wow and 30% off. My friend paid her trip off the day before. I happened to get a copy of her booking confirmation and she didn't have a problem. So I told the guy from Royal that. I also had him check the other account. And they were fine also. It was just me. And they couldn't figure out why. We all bought drink package with voom for 1 device. It was really strange. Just glad it worked out.

One of the reasons I always keep an original copy of my confirmation showing deposit and balance due. I keep a hard copy, and an electronic copy in a file that can be emailed to GS if necessary.

Totally agree with you I L as I do the same. I have seen differences in past but have always been able to get them corrected. Even if I book an excursion I do it thru C&A and stay online until my copy of the purchase arrears so I can copy it for my files. Like you I have a travel folder on computer where I file all copies until I return home from cruise.

Totally agree with you I L as I do the same. I have seen differences in past but have always been able to get them corrected. Even if I book an excursion I do it thru C&A and stay online until my copy of the purchase arrears so I can copy it for my files. Like you I have a travel folder on computer where I file all copies until I return home from cruise.

Great minds think alike. ;):D

We had a similar experience on the Harmony in May. After we paid in full, we added a specialty restaurant via the web and the system said we owed an additional $350 for the cruise! I called and spoke to a supervisor who told me to not make any changes via the website after making final payment. She said the system has a bug that recasts the cruise cost to current pricing and applies that cost. After fixing our problem, she said call them directly to make changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have paid in full for a September cruise but it shows a $21.68 balance which they say is part of my TA's commission. They can't get it fixed in the system but my TA took a screen shot of it saying I owe nothing so I have that. It is crazy a huge company can't get their computer system fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and our balance is what it is supposed to be. The Beverage package didn't knock out the 30% off sale rate in our case.

I checked prices on our sailing and with the BOGO 50% going on now, it is a couple hundred higher than the rate we booked and now the deposit would be non-refundable (suite booking). So glad I booked it last December.