Denali Wilderness Jet Boat Safari Cancelled Last minute - What to book instead??

buzymom3

Hi Everyone

We sail on Star the first week in August. (cross posted on Alaska board)

We are two couples on a Princess Cruise Tour. We got an email from Princess telling us that the excursion we booked thru them in Denali was cancelled. It was the Denali Wilderness Jet Boat Safari and included gold panning, etc.

Can anyone suggest an alternate vendor that we might be able to book this thru? Or if anyone has any suggestions for an alternate excursion I'd really apreciate it.

We are mid/late 50's. Moderately good shape, no limitations. We are doing the long Denali tour, Kantishna and we are doing the lumberjack show. Also doing a 4 hour hike with a guide, that we purchased thru Princess when we get to Denali. We are spending 3 days there. I do love Denali. We'd love to get on the water if possible. Would like to keep price up to or around $200 pp. We are doing a fly in to see Bears at Neets Bay and other shore excursions. I don't want to eat beans for the rest of the year!! clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

I appreciate any help you can give me.

If this is a tour that you really wanted to do, you can try to book it yourself. This is the company that provides the tours in Talkeetna for Princess: http://www.mahaysriverboat.com/ . Princess runs busses hourly from the McKinley Park Lodge to Talkeetna so it's very doable on your own, unless you were scheduled to transit to another lodge on the day that you intended to do the tour.

Just home from our fabulous cruise tour. We are in our 50's too. Hubby and another couple did the whitewater rafting and had a blast. 2 trips are available--one you paddle along with the guide and the other the guide does all the work.They did the one where everyone paddles. It was 119 per person I think. It was fun because they paddle down the river the that lodge sits on so we could watch them go by.

Enjoy the trip. We absolutely loved it. We were fortunate enough to have great weather on most of the trip and Denali was out for 4 days in a row. We saw tons of wildlife throughout the trip and on the Tundra wilderness tour which we upgraded from the Natural History tour. I hope to write a review soon.

If this is a tour that you really wanted to do, you can try to book it yourself. This is the company that provides the tours in Talkeetna for Princess: http://www.mahaysriverboat.com/ . Princess runs busses hourly from the McKinley Park Lodge to Talkeetna so it's very doable on your own, unless you were scheduled to transit to another lodge on the day that you intended to do the tour.

Talkeetna isn't Denali. Try this link: http://www.denaliparkadventures.com/

Mixed reviews online as to how exciting this is. OP is spending three days in Denali which

is far better use of time than the McKinley lodge.