NYC Breakaway embarkation procedure for arrival by bus?

boscobeans

We haven't left from NYC in a few years and then it was always when we drove to the port. On our next cruise ( Breakaway ) we may take a bus from upstate New York and wonder how the process goes and what we may expect. It is a 14 day Caribbean.cruise.

Thanks ahead of time.

bosco

... On our next cruise ( Breakaway ) we may take a bus from upstate New York and wonder how the process goes and what we may expect ...
Are you referring to the upstate NY bus program that drop off directly at MCT ? What is the scheduled arrival time ?? You want to make sure that NCL will wait for your bus if it is delayed en route, etc. or else, consider trip insurance ... seriously.

Footnote - Caution: I stand corrected, but my understanding is that NCL has discontinued its partnership bus program and no longer offer/participate as such. We have a BA booking this late Fall & don't see anything at all ... the 14 days are sailing after ours.

On arrival, you collect your luggage & are responsible to take them upstairs, 1 level via giant elevators or escalators from street level @ motorcoach parking - upstairs ... porters will take checked luggage. Proceed thru security & then to check-in, then, await for your turns to board the ship.

Edited by mking8288

Assuming you're taking a "cruise bus" the above post is pretty much spot on. If you taking "the bus" to NYC you'll go into Port Authority and from there grab a cab to the terminal. It should be about $15. The cab should drop you off right at the terminal and there should be porters there to take your bags.

Are you referring to the upstate NY bus program that drop off directly at MCT ? What is the scheduled arrival time ?? You want to make sure that NCL will wait for your bus if it is delayed en route, etc. or else, consider trip insurance ... seriously.

e them upstairs, 1 level via giant elevators or escalators from street level @ motorcoach parking - upstairs ... porters will take checked luggage. Proceed thru security & then to check-in, then, await for your turns to board the ship.

Yes it is a Yankee Trails Cruise BUS, that goes to the MCT.

So there are no porters where the bus stops and we must bring our luggage through the terminal to another floor to check our bags?

bosco

I have not sailed on Breakaway but I have used Yankee Trails to Manhatten for Carnival,Brooklyn for Princess and Bayonne for Celebrity. There have always been porters to unload the bus before the passengers debark from the bus. I would think Breakaway would be the same.

Laura