How many cans of soda can we take on board?

Lisakel

12 per person.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

• 4 months later...
And carry on only? Cannot be in checked luggage?

Correct. I'm not sure why you'd want to put canned beverages in your checked luggage. Considering the way that bags get tossed around, why risk the possibility of a can (or two) getting ruptured and creating a soggy mess in your suitcase?

We are sailing this Saturday, and just got the following letter from CCL.....it says NO SODA can be carried on board???

header_img_logo.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL MAGIC

Dear Guest,

Your cruise is right around the corner and we want to provide you with some important information regarding your embarkation experience.

• If you haven't done so already, please visit us at www.carnival.com/OnlineCheckin to complete your Online Check-in and select your Arrival Appointment now. Guests who arrive outside of their Arrival Appointment can expect longer wait times in line.

• To help you pack, we suggest you limit your luggage to a maximum of two bags, per person.
  • Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com.

• To enter the terminal, present your boarding pass and a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older), citizenship documents (including any necessary visas) and completed health questionnaire.

• If you are a Diamond, Platinum guest or have purchased Faster to the Fun, you may proceed to your stateroom as soon as you board.

• Since staterooms are available from 1:30 PM, guests who are scheduled to arrive before this time usually check their bags curbside so they can be free to enjoy lunch, which will be served on Lido Deck and Deck 5 Ocean Plaza until 3:00 PM.

• Checked luggage service in only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time. Guests arriving after this time will be responsible for taking their bags on board.

• In preparation for departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Denese+Waiters+Signature.jpg

We are sailing this Saturday, and just got the following letter from CCL.....it says NO SODA can be carried on board???

header_img_logo.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL MAGIC

Dear Guest,

Your cruise is right around the corner and we want to provide you with some important information regarding your embarkation experience.

• If you haven't done so already, please visit us at www.carnival.com/OnlineCheckin to complete your Online Check-in and select your Arrival Appointment now. Guests who arrive outside of their Arrival Appointment can expect longer wait times in line.
  • To help you pack, we suggest you limit your luggage to a maximum of two bags, per person.
  • Guests are not allowed to bring bottled beverages, i.e., water, sodas and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. Please review our beverage policy located in our FAQs at help.carnival.com.

• To enter the terminal, present your boarding pass and a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older), citizenship documents (including any necessary visas) and completed health questionnaire.
  • If you are a Diamond, Platinum guest or have purchased Faster to the Fun, you may proceed to your stateroom as soon as you board.
  • Since staterooms are available from 1:30 PM, guests who are scheduled to arrive before this time usually check their bags curbside so they can be free to enjoy lunch, which will be served on Lido Deck and Deck 5 Ocean Plaza until 3:00 PM.

• Checked luggage service in only available until 2 hours before the ship's published departure time. Guests arriving after this time will be responsible for taking their bags on board.
  • In preparation for departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Denese+Waiters+Signature.jpg

That specifies no BOTTLED soda or water. Cans are fine

What I do to to speed up security check at home I open the twelve pack, fold the side in I cut open so all the can tops are exposed in my carry on bag. Since I started doing this they have not touched one can or my wine but have thank me for having them ready.

Thanks for replies. First time on Carnival. We usually sail RCCL and put a 12 pack in our checked bags. Since we drive to the port and hand our luggage to the porters we’ve never had an issue with mistreated luggage.

What I do to to speed up security check at home I open the twelve pack, fold the side in I cut open so all the can tops are exposed in my carry on bag. Since I started doing this they have not touched one can or my wine but have thank me for having them ready.

I just put 2 12 packs of pepsi in my roll on bag--it goes through the scanner and they don't even ask to look at them. This has been in Miami and Ft Lauderdale for the last few years.

Just curious - how strict are they about the no bottled water policy at Port Canaveral?

It is not allowed. It is "relatively" a new policy. (A couple of years?...)

They lowered the price of the bottled water that can be ordered thru the funshops and delivered to your room to help with the new policy. I'm a "water snob" and only drink Zephyrhills, so the price isn't the issue. I just drink other stuff while cruising.

It was the smugglers that made it bad for all of us...

Rum and Vodka were coming onboard by the truckload in those plastic water bottles. :(

Just curious - how strict are they about the no bottled water policy at Port Canaveral?

I don't about that port specifically, but if you attempt it and they confiscate your water, don't get angry. I saw a lady pitch a serious hissy fit at NOLA last month when they took her 12 bottles of water from her backpack.

• 3 weeks later...

We've never carried on soda since we never drank much really, but now our kids are older and drink it occasionally. Does anyone know - can you mix and match the cans and put back into a 12pack box? Ex: DD wants to bring fanta and rootbeer, DS wants coke and rootbeer. Or do they all have to be the same flavor in the pack and sealed shut?

We've never carried on soda since we never drank much really, but now our kids are older and drink it occasionally. Does anyone know - can you mix and match the cans and put back into a 12pack box? Ex: DD wants to bring fanta and rootbeer, DS wants coke and rootbeer. Or do they all have to be the same flavor in the pack and sealed shut?

Feel free to bring any flavors. As long as it isn't more than twelve total per person.

No bottle water is news to me (last cruise was 2 years ago). They do in fact offer it super cheap from the fun shops now. $4.50 for 12 bottles - delivered to the room - easy peasy. I sure wish they would lower the price on beer tho...;p

JMAE, I am carrying on soda for the first time this cruise, usually I get the bubbles package. I don't "get" what you are saying. How are the can tops all exposed?

JMAE, I am carrying on soda for the first time this cruise, usually I get the bubbles package. I don't "get" what you are saying. How are the can tops all exposed?
I cut open the 12 pack and fold the flaps into the box. Then I place the cans back into the box with the tops exposed. I only had to lift my books so security could see the can tops. They thanked me because they didn't have to open the box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app