Elba, Portoferraio

Lois R

Good afternoon cruisers. I have used the search feature but cannot find any information on the above port.........

My cruise offers a few tours but I am just wondering if this is a walkable/on your own place? Anyone on here have

some first hand information.......it would be appreciated.:)

Thank you.

Good afternoon cruisers. I have used the search feature but cannot find any information on the above port.........

My cruise offers a few tours but I am just wondering if this is a walkable/on your own place? Anyone on here have

some first hand information.......it would be appreciated.:)

Thank you.

If you are mobile and enjoy walking you can handle this city on your own....via your own 2 feet :). This is not what we would call an exciting port, but we did enjoy just strolling around the town, grabbing a bite to eat, browsing some of the shops, visiting the local town museum (free), etc. Probably the most famous thing associated with this place is that Napoleon lived here during his exile. The home where he resided is a tourist highlight, but was not open to the public the day we visited. You might want to check (online) about whether it is now open to the public.

Hank

You may find more information on the Italy board - this one is for Spain (Elba is situated off the coast of Italy.)

OMG....I am sorry:eek:........we have stops in both countries and I thought I was on the Italy forum...........thanks for

sending me to the right one:)

If you are mobile and enjoy walking you can handle this city on your own....via your own 2 feet :). This is not what we would call an exciting port, but we did enjoy just strolling around the town, grabbing a bite to eat, browsing some of the shops, visiting the local town museum (free), etc. Probably the most famous thing associated with this place is that Napoleon lived here during his exile. The home where he resided is a tourist highlight, but was not open to the public the day we visited. You might want to check (online) about whether it is now open to the public.

Hank

Hi Hank, thanks for the reply:).....this is what I wanted to know. I appreciate it.:)