UK Blue Badge Holders

Not sure if you are aware but if you take your blue badge in Europe, you may skip the lines and not pay an entry fee.

I went to Pompeii, Rome and Florence with my parents who both have blue badges and skipped all lines and didn't pay a fee. As I was classed as the carer, I didn't have to pay either.

I posted this on the NCL site as I was travelling on the Epic at the time but now I have come back to RCI, I thought it would be worth sharing. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the 90+% of folks who have no idea what this blue badge is you may want to elaborate.

We have a blue badge for mother in law and basically it is a disabled parking disc which comes with a blue disc clock for setting the time of arrival in the parking bay and you have 3 hours normally of free parking.

People in the US have similar disabled parking discs.

It's a disabled parking permit, British people (who would be the ones to have them) know what they are.

Thanks for elaborating. Yes, if you're from the UK, you would know what it is, that's why I didn't elaborate. Sorry.

Can a traveler from the U.S bring their disability parking permit to the places listed in the original post?

I originally emailed the Vatican Museums and explained that neither of my parents would be able to stand in a queue for too long and that they had the disabled parking permits (blue badge). They replied that if they brought the badges with them, they would be able to skip the lines.

I thought I would try this at everywhere we went and it worked. I wasn't expecting not to pay either.

It is surprising as a lot of places in the U.K. just give a concession price.

Might be worth emailing the Vatican to double check but would of thought it would be ok.